Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite disappointed in the new styling of the JL Audio Slash Series v2 amplifiers.

we got a few of the new500/1v2 amps today and I think they have absolutely no style to them anymore. :(

I sure hope that they bring it well with their HD amps at the end of the year or early next year to make up for this disappointment.

I'll try to take a picture or two with my BB and post it later.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
JL sux
/end thread :bigthumb:

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:nono: Chris...that's not playing nice ;)

here are some quick pics i snapped

New

Old

Side by Side

I mean they're just so......plain looking.

at least Rockford made their amps nicer looking this year, as well as smaller.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Other than being finished in different colors, it looks like they used the same frame and cooling structure. Unless the internals are different, I'd still rock a new JL amp.

JL 4 Lyfe

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
their internals are newer and better

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
JL makes good products, they are becoming like Rockford though. Mass producing and not concentrating on the quality as much anymore.

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually Rockford is going back towards making quality while still mass producing, there's nothing that says you can't have both in the same product. I had a chance to meet with 6 guys from Rockford in the three different design departments a few weeks ago, and we talked about a lot of the stuff that they are doing and planning on doing. their speakers should get a little bit better here soon, they brought over one of the lead speaker designers from Diamond Audio to help them fix their crappy ass speakers.

the quality of JL is still great in their slash series amplifiers, and i run them in my own car. i just don't think the new styling of them is that great. they're just to plain now.

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
I agree with you about being able to have both, but sometimes you wonder if they are really concentrating on one or the other. I have always like JL's products, but their prices seem to get higher and their quality IMO is gone down.

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
their prices didn't rise with the new amps, and their prices only rose a slight bit this year compared to other companies. sadly that's how it goes, they have sunk A TON of money into advertising their product this year to get them out there to more retail shops.

can't help the price increase when the raw materials are going up astronomically, just look at the cost of copper :sad:

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Sorry - been camping...i just wanted to chime in and say i dont really think JL sucks....I'm just a bit of a JL hater cuz our major competitor whored it out

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Meh.... They don't look as good. I'm defiantly interested in the new HD series though :)

Just so you all know, I'm really enjoying working at a place that actually carries shit like this ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have been selling JL Audio amps since they came out now, And the only time I have seen them come back for a problem is when the customer installs it themselves. Our come back rate for a JL amp for breaking is almost nonee as long as it was installedin our shop.

The new amps still have the same foot print and they have better thermal cooling, more efficient. They are also a bit slimmer.

Nazar

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^ lol - and 2 1/2 weeks later......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts