Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to state my gratitude to all that had a part in my major upgrade to my 94 Supra.
VSOP engine paint
WOTM 67 DBB turbo kit
WOTM header coating
WOTM AEM tuning
HEADGAMES ''JT style race head" full Ferrera valvetrain, Dave's valvejob
Dark Dragon Motorsports 4'' DP, MP, 4'' chrome intake, spark plug cover, chroming, V160 rebuild, rad. cooling plate
Titan fully built 3.0
Jerry Reyes/360SUPRA for the late night 'auto parts-r-us'/and the beers.
Addictive Racing/Eric Woon for the Dyno help and Mikey Lund("fuccarlos" screen name) for the timing adj.
Billy Barr/Barry Ellis
Vitaly, Kevin, Chris, Manny(both of you), Al, Slav, Kyle, Dave @VSOP.
Photo Finish exterior paint.
1st set of BLACK Volk GT-C 19'' in USA(might still be that way) MVP Motorsports
Ab Flug Type 2 front end
*Fully shaved engine bay, 3rd brake light, side markers, rear wiper, power antenna, flush mounted turn signals.
Tein Flex
Densetsu Motorsports

Pics to come...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Sounds like a potent setup for a 67mm turbo. That's a lot of power for that puppy... CONGRATS!!

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Damn! I've got some catching up to do. What size A/R on the hot side? And I'm guessing you wouldn't snuff on the cams with all the head work??? Great numbers. Also give me peak boost numbers.
Thanks

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
how do you like your tranny rebuild? how much did they charge?
I can get you a quote. Call me
I have stock cams, I am a spool nazi! 28-29 psi boost. It would be nice if the turbo put out 35 psi like I wanted. I think I am going to change the Tial WG spring.
*.68 A/R. *

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I can get you a quote. Call me
I have stock cams, I am a spool nazi! 28-29 psi boost. It would be nice if the turbo put out 35 psi like I wanted. I think I am going to change the Tial WG spring.
264's wont sacrifice spool. Talk to Lagtime. He has a smaller turbo and GAINED spool when he went to 264. It will improve you top end as well. Just needs to be tuned properly and obviously your tuner is up to snuff.

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx guys!
About the cam debate, I am still unsure. I am leaning towards less lift/duration=more spool. I have yet to see an apples to apples comparison of before and after cams. EVERY graph I see, the owner changes something else besides cams, hence throwing out the apples to apples comparison. Idealy the dyno should be the same day, about the same ambient temp. If anyone cares to share, I am all ears for convo. Make another thread for sure. The damn search function is still dead...

·
Old School
4,091 Posts
Thanx guys!
I have yet to see an apples to apples comparison of before and after cams. EVERY graph I see, the owner changes something else besides cams, hence throwing out the apples to apples comparison. Idealy the dyno should be the same day, about the same ambient temp. If anyone cares to share, I am all ears for convo. Make another thread for sure. The damn search function is still dead...
JT,

I linked a thread that shows before & after graphs of my 61mm + HKS 264 I/E, no other changes other than some tweaking of the tune. Posts #6 & 7.

Weather was not identical, but close. Same dyno/shop/tuner.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395626

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
JT,

I linked a thread that shows before & after graphs of my 61mm + HKS 264 I/E, no other changes other than some tweaking of the tune. Posts #6 & 7.

Weather was not identical, but close. Same dyno/shop/tuner.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395626
Thanks for chiming in Chip. I hate using other people as examples but I knew yours was well documented. I also know how much you HATE lag and didnt go single for the longest time.

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chip, thanx for the link, but that's not enough to sway me:)

·
Old School
4,091 Posts
What would be (just curious)?

And what does Dave at Headgames have to say?

·
Old School
4,091 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Chip. I hate using other people as examples but I knew yours was well documented. I also know how much you HATE lag and didnt go single for the longest time.
Ced, no sweat buddy.

Speaking of lag, I'll probably have a T04Z w/1.0 AR on the car by late summer/early fall. If I don't chicken out, lol.

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What would be (just curious)?

And what does Dave at Headgames have to say?

He has never done this extensive of a head w/o cams, he just said, "Oh, ok. that's cool I guess. I want to see what it does in the end."

More of a difference would sway me, but then again I don't know what seat-of-the-pants felt like. You do

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Ced, no sweat buddy.

Speaking of lag, I'll probably have a T04Z w/1.0 AR on the car by late summer/early fall. If I don't chicken out, lol.
LOL...look at you now. The power bug has got you huh. I have heard alot of good things about that turbo, sounds like a good choice. I warned you once you get a taste of power and u see its really easy to change out a turbo that you would get into it! Let me know how that goes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn! I've got some catching up to do. What size A/R on the hot side? And I'm guessing you wouldn't snuff on the cams with all the head work??? Great numbers. Also give me peak boost numbers.
Thanks
I would also like to know what hot side was used. Maybe .81?

Thanks

·
Old School
4,091 Posts
He has never done this extensive of a head w/o cams, he just said, "Oh, ok. that's cool I guess. I want to see what it does in the end."

More of a difference would sway me, but then again I don't know what seat-of-the-pants felt like. You do
Well, I'm using a 61mm turbo on 91 octane Cali pump gas with a stock head and *still* picked up a bit over 20 rwhp and spooled nearly 100 rpm sooner. Total area under the curve is better.

You'd see much more substantial gains with your larger turbo and ported head, IMO. Extend the rev limit to 7500 and watch out.

As to the seat of the pants, I love the car w/the 264s. Slightly lumpy idle, great throttle response, better pull up to redline. No downside at all.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts