Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,296 Posts
Sins4u33 said:
Thats right...i finally finished!

He told me he had a JSPEC True Supra Motor. So i decided rather than worrying about swapping water pumps and etc. I just decided to go with that motor. It came with a auto tranny, ECU, Igniter, and Harness. Just like any other motor you see someone is selling, a compelete package ready for a swap basically. Of course like any other swap you need an oil pan etc etc etc.
It wasn't a TRUE Supra J-Spec engine if you had to replace the Oil Pans...Just FYI.

I've gone through the same swap. Congrats though, that's awesome you got everything working. Everything sounds perfect. I only really have one question.

Did you have to change alot of ECU Pinouts to make the US Harness connect to the J-spec ECU? If so, do you remember and keep record of what those were? It would be a HUGE Help to the supra community and anyone wanting to go forward with this type of project. Good job man!

Drew

· Registered
3,296 Posts
Sins4u33 said:
I mean the oil pan was damaged during shipping....dented in...smashed....oil pan was exactley the same i just wasn't going to take the risk of having a dented oil pan and throwing my oil pressure off. So it was a true supra motor.

But the harness was a US harness, the ecu is Jspec, the harness plugged perfectly up to the jspec ecu, i didnt have any problems...the only thing that doesn't work is the traction computer.

Ben Y
Mine was damaged during shipping also, I too bought my motor from Sherbaz.... :scratch:

That's good to know about the US Harness and Jspec ECU!

· Registered
3,296 Posts
gmacrae said:
Also Begone; are you running a bpu TT with the w58 also? how is your gearbox holding up?

Cheers

Gene
Nope, I have an SP Built Auto w/3800 Stall. And man with those JDM Twins...Instant Spool. But now I'm Single with a TC61. Loving it. I'm still running on my Stock 440cc Injectors on this single. I'm only running around 15-16 psi. I got larger injectors coming shortly - then the boost goes up, up, up!

True, true on the Sump issue...

· Registered
3,296 Posts
Sins4u33 said:
ALSO does anyone know what PSI or WHP the stock JDM injectors start to max out at? And does anyone know if any companys make an MKIV specific catch can?

Thanks guys!
Ben Y
How are you turning up the boost? I didn't have a cat with my JDM and so I needed a restrictor plate so that I wouldn't over boost.

The 440's should be good to about 400hp. But I don't know if your Twins can handle that much boost. When I pulled my twins, they were tore up...very bad shape and looked like they were going to go out on me anytime. I was running around on 16-18 psi on those things though.

· Registered
3,296 Posts
Sins4u33 said:
hahaha, i love that thing, definatley came in handy, i mean i had to show it off in the pics :p thanks again Tony for the cover. Definatley saved some scratches and etc.

Yeah i beleive my #2 turbo is going. I think im getting the death wine....im not sure though i need to listen to the sound clip and verify from mkiv.com yeah im definatley going to pull my ic pipping tonight when i install the new TT PS resevoir since my "ghetto" rigged N/A resevoir is leaking like consitantly. Im almost positive these turbos are getting ready to take a crap on me though :rolleyes:

But the switch works great! Just wanted to clarify a few things though, When is the best time to turn it on and off? Because i remember reading you said not to turn it on at idle, ive tryed turning it on while boosting like 2-3 psi. Advice, recommendations, tips, hints? :p im just curious

Thanks,
Ben Y
Once your Turbos go out. Seriously think about going single. I too went single cause of the twins. I'm single now with a TC61, Ebay Manifold Heat Coated...well here's the link:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356751

But I'm running on my Stock JDM Injectors. Perfect AFR's. I'm only running 13-15 psi. ANd I need to get another Boost Controller cause my HKS Manual one won't hold it exactly. But it's a inexpensive way to go single, and then worry about the fuel later. Alot of the JDM/Euro guys were impressed. Everyone thinks that when you go single you HAVE to upgrade your fuel...not true. You just can't be running crazy boost. But my setup now feels alot stronger than the JDM Twins on 18 psi, and it spools very fast. Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.