Supra Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

· feeding your habit
3,842 Posts
can I feel the timing being pulled? not signficantly, but I am running her easy for now. I know the ult will change timing to anything you want.... blue I am not 100% sure.

I did the 6 speed swap, and yes, I believe it is just a wiring issue with the tach. The 6 speed swap wasn't too bad as I was already a 5 speed. I did the axles, diff, DS, clutch, tranny & slave. I have a tool for pressing in the second 6 speed isolator. You are welcome to use it if you pay shipping. The swap is tit if you are already 5MT.... looks like much more work to go auto to 6mt.

-M

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Hey Ben....

Quick question... what did you do, as far as the exhaust flange to the downpipe?

The Aristo exhaust flange outlet seems a bit small. I grabbaed a USDM outlet flange and there's a significant difference, but looks like may need to remove/replace more of that Aristo's cast iron exhaust pieces with the US version...

I guess I can just create/fab a wierd flange and use the Ariso'st small outlet, into a 3" downpipe. I've heard of others having to use a restricor plate, so maybe this will still work?

Thanx.
E

· Banned
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
you have to create a flange, or you can use the USDM downpipe flange and just make the holes a bite bigger by drilling them out thats what i did. i made 405 whp on a custom ghetto rigged DP. You cannot swap the USDM o2 downpipe with the JDM one, they are different the actuators are different and so are the actualy pipe diameters.
hope this helps, i have been meaning to take a picture of my downpipe for everyone but i never got around to it, i will do it soon for everyone.

Ben Y

· Banned
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
i made a post i hope it helps but i can explain it a bit more and if neccesary ill snap those pictures of my downpipe for everyone to see.

Ben Y

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.