Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to go 2JZ soon but i need to know something [ and yes i researched it here but never got a straight answer by looking ]

I need to know if the ENGINE MOUNTS off the 2JZ engine will match up directly to the 88 turbo mkiii engine mounts...?

· 7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,609 Posts
:sad: :sad: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: not another 2j swap.............

· Registered
7,856 Posts
hmm

if you are asking these types of questions, do you really think you should be attempting something like this?

· It might run right......?
2,105 Posts
to know if the driveshafts line up we need to know what type of transmission ur are going to use. The 6 speed v160 NO nothing will line up in the car the mounts the shifter the drive shaft none of it. If u are using an r154 u will need a 1jz bellhousing adapter to get it on the 2jz but assuming u had a turbo car to begin with everything will line up. If its an automatic then u will need to change the tail shaft of the automatic and the rear housing and the rear input and it will line up.

As for engine mounts u need BIC's adapter they are great and work and not too bad on $$. Other things u will need are the wiring harness adapted and lots of other things wired into the car and to beat back the firewall if u are using the twin turbo setup. New coolant line setup. And etc etc found in first post with the link.

· Overlooked
4,693 Posts
And it's IJ with the back hand.

I'm kind of getting tired of seeing people getting bashed with honest questions. How many times have we tried something and failed? Let this man try it out. If you're not maing mistakes, you're not learning.

· Registered
7,856 Posts

I'm kind of getting tired of seeing people getting bashed with honest questions. How many times have we tried something and failed? Let this man try it out. If you're not maing mistakes, you're not learning.
some has to.......

anyone with one inkling of math knows that if point A to B changes, then the answer is no. If it does not, yes.

Simple really. There is a 2j thread swap with all that information.

One ahs to WANT to help themselves first. No hand holding.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Learn alot of pain, frustration, and brokeness (by not doing the homework 1st).

Seriously, 2J swaps have gotten extremely popular and well-defined. Follow everyone else's examples/info and suffer alot less pain and frustration.

Mounts and brackets are different parts. I don't believe the 2JZ mounts can be used with the pre-89 brackets, but don't know 1st hand.

· ma70-7m=1JZ
2,602 Posts
If your car is 89-92 with round style motor mounts you can use the brackets from a 1jz / jza70 car, but the 2jz will come with brackets that will not work in your car, so you need either JZA brackets or the ones we make. We also have the brackets for 86.5-88 cars too.... bicperformance.com

If you post JZ specific questions in the 1jz/ 2jz swap section you will get more response, and less dumb coments. There is alot of JZ haters here in the mk3 section....:tongue: They just dont know what its like to rev to 8000+ rpms!!!

· Stormcock approves
1,887 Posts
Well I doubt he's going to fail... a 2JZ isn't exactly pennies to buy. Worst case he'll take it to a shop and get bent over for labor. But it WILL be in. Setting up engine management, turbo choice (twins... don't fit right in an mk3), gremlins etc will be the true test.

Good luck though.

· Grumpy Old Man
4,313 Posts
ALL of the information requested has been covered and is readily available.....

Anyone contemplating this sort of swap needs to do some research before jumping in with very basic questions.

I bend over backwards to help out n00bs all the time and spend a huge amount of time teaching basics where I can but a 2J swap while not being rocket science is a little more advanced then a 7M Na/t ond has huge fail potential.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

but the reason why im asking these type of questions is b/c i need to know these things before i try so i dont start then have to stop other wise i just wasted my time..

and thank you i like learning by my Mistakes but here is the thing

i relize there are plenty of JZ haters in this section......but thought everything through last night.....

why the hell would i go 2JZ if i already have an engine worth tuning for...

so i made up my mind.. im going to stay 7MGTE and upgrade from there im good with ALL M generation engine's now. and ill have plenty of time after college at UTI to go 2JZ later but yeah..

thanks guys for all of the information.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
+1 to the pain frustration and everything... i did a 2jz v160 swap...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.