Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to stop dicking around. Next time I see some M3 I am going to wax him.

I want to run a 75 -100 dry shot of NOS, but I haven't a clue where the best place to buy the kit is, and what kind of goodies I really need. I think for sure I want a remote bottle opener, but beyond that I don't know. Do I need a purge valve? Will I be able to mount this thing so that I can still store the targa?

Help a brother out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cant say Im much help with most of this but I have heard that going with a dry shot is a bad idea and we should go with a wet system. Also would like any advice on this subject that I can get.
- Joe

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
If it were me i would go with a wet system. Ive heard good things and bad things for both the wet and dry kit, but i heard more bad towards the dry systems.

Here is what i would get:

Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) Single Fogger Nitrous Kit. To add 50-100 extra HP to your Supra safely. Includes all solenoids, wiring, bottle, nozzle, and hoses to make a complete installation. Price: $602.00

Nitrous Bottle Heater. Where the competition calls a 3" wide strip a "bottle heater", PHR uses a heating blanket that covers almost 50% of the bottle area. This results in very quick and consistent heating of the nitrous, and a quick pressure increase. Price: $199.00

a bottle heater isnt necessary, but it does privide more power. The reccomended bottle pressure is 1000

Nitrous Purge Kit. These purge solenoids are not mounted directly on the incoming nitrous line as the competition, but rather on a separate bracket connected to the main nitrous line via a stainless steel hose. This allows placement of the purge solenoid and line where fitment is best for your application. Also includes bendable stainless steel line for purge output.
Price: $139.00

The purge kit isnt necessary either, it gets all the air out of the lines whenyou turn the bottle on, and all the nos out of the lines when you turn the bottle off. Also, theres almost nothing better than pulling up next to someone and giving a little show with a 20ft stream of NOS :D

BTW I found this all at Powerhouse, good pricing IMO
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Catalog/Supra_NA/supra_na.html

F

·
0 Posts
i think the best system to get would be direct-port by nos. the least amount it offers is 120-hp...witch i am running. overall it is the safest, better than dry and wet systems in than the nitrous is directly projected through the intake manifold for quicker shots and it wont run though the rest of the components that wear down like what the dry and wet systems go through. since it is the safest, and the best...its a costly system for the N/A. Around a grand for the kit. but if you want your engine and all you components to last longer, then this is the system for you. along with it i would reccomend getting an MSD window switch to regulate shots to spray no less than 3000 rpms, an upgraded fuel pump (u can upgrade to a TT pump...or i use a paxton 800) change the spark plugs, and get a performance fuel filter.

Candy red N/A-

[email protected] (no nos)
[email protected] (nos)

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey Fusion,
TT or NA that is one of the finest looking Supras i have ever seen. Very nice!
Later

P

·
0 Posts
Fusion, I love the way your car looks......it's kinda odd but I was going to paint my car candy apple red also, but I'm now saving for the turbo (priorities) ........and I also have my seats done similar to yours but with a red center section and yellow outer. My car is also a 93'. nice looking ride:) What is your suspension setup? and are those wheels 18's or 19's?

F

·
0 Posts
Patrick C said:
Fusion, I love the way your car looks......it's kinda odd but I was going to paint my car candy apple red also, but I'm now saving for the turbo (priorities) ........and I also have my seats done similar to yours but with a red center section and yellow outer. My car is also a 93'. nice looking ride:) What is your suspension setup? and are those wheels 18's or 19's?

Thanks patrick, its actually two colors: a candy red with a bronze basecoat. What kind of turbo setup are you going for? it'll be about another month before i put in my t-63. i dont got much of a suspension right now...just eibach springs tokico shocks. after my turbo setup i plan to go tanabe sustec pro suspension. my wheels are 18" Volk Winnings.

P

·
0 Posts
Fusion, those colors look great.......My car is rennaisance red..when I do paint the car, I would like to stay in the red family, but not same red (which imo is kinda dull, for the supra). When I do go turbo I will either go to toyomoto in miami, because it is close to where I go to school. Or I will go to Sound Perf. cuz in the summer I live in the Chicagoland area. Either way I want the most bang for the buck. I also have eibach springs, but the rest of the susp. is stock......which is really worn down, I need to change some components...horrible ride on poured concrete. And 18" Volk te-37's (white ) which look real decent on my red supra.
Sorry to ask so many questions, but what front lip spoiler/fascia is that it looks very clean and not overly aggressive?
Thanks for your time:)

P

·
0 Posts
Sorry Frankenstein for taking over your thread:) Imo NOS can be made to be as reliable as any other bolt on. I personally ran into transmission problems. I went through 2 rebuilt clutchmasters stage 3 clutch's, and now am on the third stage 3, I hope it holds up. But the NA motor can supposedly take a hefty shot of like 175 no prob. But I don't know anyone who has gone that far. So I suggest building up the tranny if you go big. But like they say "go big or go home" :D

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Frankenstein, here is the setup you want. :)

Get a direct port wet kit from NOS. I can get you the part number if you want (don't have it here at work), but any good parts suppier (MVP, ect) will know exactly which part number it is. Jet it for 120-150hp (I can get the jet sizes too if you want). Get a NOS pressure gauge for the bottle, and a MSD window switch with pills for 3000 and 6700. Altho the stock fuel pump is probably ok, I'd upgrade it to a TT fuel pump, or get a Walbro GSS315. That is all you really need to have a good operating setup. If you have $$ left over, buy a bottle warmer and bottle blanket. If you still have $$ left, buy a purge valve. And lastly if you still have $$ left buy a remote bottle opener.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts