Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What it says. I really can't figure out the mounting points for the HKS Type R. At this point I'm ready to take it somewhere and drop it off.

I would hate to put the bumper back on without having put the font mount on, but oh well.

Anyone have pics? Maybe someone has mounted one that would be willing to come over and help (I'll pay)?

Any shops that you would take your car to?

I guess the IC was supposed to come with instructions and didn't and I can't find any, so I'm a stuck!

(813) 205-3456 - Daniel

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
have you taken any pics of it yet? are you able to show us the problem areas?

if it sthe same IC im thinking of, there should be 2 threaded bosses on the top of the IC that mate up w/ 2 holes on the radiator support, on eithe rside of the hood latch.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately don'thave pictures.

The intercooler has the two threaded bosses and one boss on the opposite side. I assumed the side with two is "up"

Do the 2 "extensions" go on those bosses?

So far I've spent most of my time with an L-bracket on each boss with (what I thought were support bracket) tied to them.
I've tried mounted them to the hood latch screws them selfs.

I don't think the IC will reach the top subframe support where the radiator support screws are, but I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I don't have internet access from the shop. I'm at home right now and as soon as I get some more ideas I'll go back to the shop and try some.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i think the single threaded boss goes up.. i don't remember though

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. I didn't have a camaera on me and I've run out of steam. My car is now at Turbo Toys and Jim says he'll have it tomorrow afternoon for me.

I did get the IC mounted it did mount to the radiator support frame with the two bosses facing up. I'll take some pics when I get my car back. I started routing the piping and realized I was missing a couple of silicon couplings and simply ran out of steam since I'm still sick... Next project I start on a timeframe I'll make sure I invite some of you GURU's over :)

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Did you get it worked out Daniel???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts