Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ive found one, it sas its for a 1jz but how do i know for sure? is there a ID num or special markings? and whata good used and new price?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
It has a metal sticker that says AP engineering on it. they are quite expensive but COMPLETLY worth it (or so I've heard, my car isn't running yet!) If you need me to confirm part numbers I can. Mine is in my car right now...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it says ap eng. but i noticed ts for the vvt-i, what wont work on a first gen 1jz will it. Im looking at getting it if all goes well, its brand new

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Tomarow I will post up my serial number.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year did toyota make the 1jz vvt-i, because i have a 1st gen and im not sure if this one will work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Apex'i only made the power FC for the VVT-i 1JZ. Anything for the Twin turbo one is reflashed through AP engineering. To my knowlage the VVT-i eci wont work on the older engines.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
PFC 00H 0007
That is the serial number on my Apex

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
No it will not. AP engineering actually reflashes 3SGTE boxes for the 1JZGTE, non-VVTi. The unit you're looking at has different ECU plugs and will not work. The style like CKAnderson has are becoming quite hard to find. If you do find one, grab it and hold on to it.

- Hams.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
And no, mine isnt for sale.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, theres no need to guard yourself from me, unless you offer to sell, i would never ask. I would like to know how/where you got it so i may get one

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Got it from hams...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well your other option is to contact AP engineering and ask them what it will cost for them to flash another one for you. THis may require you have a 3S-GTE Power FC already though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts