Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
possibly widest yet?
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well for some reason i can not search. but anyways i need to know how to remove the entire dash from a MKIV. can anybody help me out please?
any help is appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's not a very fun job :). You can start by taking out panels out of the main dash like your gauge cluster, the big panel in front of your shifter, odometer panel.. etc. The back of your dash has these plastic clips/guides that hold part of your instrument wiring harness, you'll need to detach these or you can detach the ends of the harness and leave the harness still attached to your dash when you pull it out (someone may want to confirm this since I always pulled the dash alone and left the harness sitting there). If you leave the instrument harness in place then you'll need to detach 2 clips on the passenger side that hook to two small boxes/ecus screwed to the back of the dash. I believe one of the boxes was a theft ecu and the other was power steering? I don't remember. From there you just kind of find the bolts that hold the dash in place and then pull. I remember removing some of the air conditioning plastic piping as well.

Reading this over I don't think this will help that much lol. Good luck!

8,181 Posts
i have never one it except the dash panels. but it is pain in the ass job. i would not fuck with it unless i really really have to.

·
I8 YUR V8
426 Posts
taking out the dash isn't really that hard. Leave the wiring harness on the dash (just disconnect the plugs on both bottom corners) There are 10mm bolts holding it on, just remove the center console, dash console and trim that goes around the gauges. You don't need to remove the gauges they should come out with the dash. You will need to remove the glovebox since there are 2 bolts behind it and remove the little plastic piece above the right airvent since there is a bolt hehind that as well. You don't need to remove the vents. What i would do is start on 1 side and work your way towards the other side by gently pulling to see where the bolts are. Just make sure you remove your steering wheel and you will also need to remove your turn signal/headlight switches as well to get the dash over it unless you wanna drop your steering column. Once you get the dash disconnected there is 1 plug that will still be connected to the dash harness that runs underneith your carpet so make sure your careful after it's out. Good luck.

·
Banned
604 Posts
This is a major headache!mark everything when you remove it

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
why u want to remove it

·
I8 YUR V8
426 Posts
dont remove the steering wheel. drop the steering column

yea he's right actually it would be easier just leaving the steering wheel on and the switches because you'd still have to have it clear over the steering wheel tilt lever anyways. Just (4) 12mm bolts hold it up and a "L" bracket that connects to your brake pedal bracket.

·
possibly widest yet?
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help, the wiring is mostly what i was concerned about. finding the bolts should be the easy part. i need to remove the entire dash because i am repainting the entire car, inside and out. and also painting the dash and all interior panels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts