Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, whats going on...

I don't own a Supra yet but am in the process of selling my Integra and saving some money this summer to afford one by this fall. I had a few questions first though:

Are there any meets coming up anytime soon that aren't posted? I would love to come and hang out with you guys and actually see a Supra up close and personal. I've seen a few around my area (Bellingham, Wa.) but I have yet to see the interior/sit in one or even get a ride in one. I would love to be able to experience this as well as see firsthand what a clean, good condition Supra is like.

I'm looking at getting a 93-95 as those would be the most affordable years insurance and price-wise, but has anyone heard good things about VIP-Imports located down south? They have a few currently for sale and wanted to know if they were a legit dealership and if they sold quality cars.

Lastly, if there are no meets coming up, would anyone be willing to hang out with a fellow import/Supra fan and just chill so I could get an idea if my dream car is really something I should be dreaming about. Thanks so much for reading this and if people are weirded out by the idea of hanging out, thats cool, but I figured you guys are all pretty chill. Anyway, take it easy.

Matt

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
welcome, about the meets, no idea we need another one around the bothell area again, so i can get lost again :(

mike?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
We welcome your interest in Supras. Keep hanging our here and sooner or later you will see some talk about local get togethers... Have fun Matt!!!

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Hey, We've got quite a few supras in bellingham, only3 MKIV's i've heard about and only 2 I've actually seen (You know how everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who's friend has an 800 horse supra) but there's at least 10 MKIII's ranging from "Why hasn't this been parted out" to Jason's (87_7mgte) megasquirted '90. We usually have a BBQ every weekend with a bunch of car people hanging out. Check back in this thread and I"m sure there's something going on soon.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
welcome, and since no one else has said anything about VIP. They are legit, and only sell quality cars. Daniel, the owner, even makes it out to a Supra meet from time to time. good luck, and do you research!

also, there are some pretty hostle parts of the board, use the search function to avoid a lot of bashing ;)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Welcome. I bought my car from VIP. They only sell super nice Supras so plan on spending some $$$ :)

If you're planning on financing remember that KBB on a 93-95 is super low compared to street value so you'd have to figure out a way to make up the difference between what the bank will finance and the sale price of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I plan on saving up some cash this summer to go along with the money I expect to get for my Integra. Hoping to at least have a 12k down payment so I don't have to finance too much. Thanks for the info regarding VIP as well as the kind words. ;)

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Welcome!

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Welcome Matt (no pun intended)!! Keep your eyes on this board...this is where we set all the Northwest stuff up. Usually there's plenty of notice. These NW group of Supra owners are awesome..I'm glad we don't have ego problems up here! :beer:

Mark

·
Banned
32 Posts
Welcome aboard matt! I know there is a big contingent of supra owners, from 79-98ish, all along the 1-5 corridor. Good luck with the hunt for your supra!

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
ra24man said:
Welcome Matt (no pun intended)!!

Mark
:lol: :lol:

what do you call a guy with no arms and no legs by your front door? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts