Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally going to buy a TT dawg, but I just dont have the money for the car itself, let alone this really high insurance. I was wondering how you N/A guys like your cars. Do you get ridiculed by turbo owners about them? Do they have any problems that I should watch out for that the TT's dont? Do you think that i would be able to find a decent N/A for under $15k?

Thanks in advance :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
the n/a is a great car. too bad we don't have as much power as our big brothers, but we look as great as them. mechanically, its a strong and reliable vehicle. check out my milage...its currently higher but you get the picture. the engine is just as bullet proof as the tt i believe.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Your car still running strong after all those miles? shows the quality of toyota products :)...

Now that I think about it, a few years down the line, I can sell my n/a and buy a TT, or upgrade to single turbo, so things will work out just fine with that. :p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$15k... you might not be able to find a dawg in good condition, even a NA.

Got mine for $26 (1997 model) in June of 98. 55k miles later, i checked the www.kbb.com (Kelly BlueBook), my dawg is at $24, private party. not bad...

the car looks great, drives great, from the sides and the back, it looks like a TT, from the front, there's no intercooler so your identity is blown. I wanted a TT, but i think it worked out better that I got a NA cuz I would of sent a lot more money modding the TT. :p

If a Cobra Stang or C5 pulls up on me, I just wave and let 'em drive by. That's when I wish I had a TT to so the domestics who's boss. no biggie, don't wanna waste my college tuition by sitting in a jail cell for wreakless driving, or worse, in a hospital bed. anyway...

either way, NA or TT, the Supra is the sh*t

good luck

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess ill just get a $4-5k MKIII turbo, and sell that when I have enough for a nice N/A. Thanks for the input.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might be interested in selling my N/a. I think it has 78K miles and is a '95 auto, red. I think 16.5K would be fair. E-mail me if interested. BTW, I'm in TN.

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
n/a supra purchase

Go ahead & get an n/a. Although a mkIII turbo with mods can spank you, it can't out handle you- I ate one up in the turns. You'll get a newer car with more bump-up parts available and I'd be careful of one for 15k or less. I paid considerably more for my 96 with 28k mi.:)

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Hi. I just picked up a 1993 NA Supra last week. The car is extremely clean. It's 5 speed, 69k miles, targa top, Anthracite, tan leather interior. Basically, everything for the NA except the spoiler and LSD. Seller was 1st owner and the car was entirely dealer maintained... yup, even the $90 oil changes. Clean title, never been in an accident. And here's the good part: $13,000.00 !!!! (I bought in Gilroy, near San Jose, Ca)

FUTR_supra_OWNR , be patient, and you'll probably find a good one at a low price!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mkivsoopra said:
Hi. I just picked up a 1993 NA Supra last week. The car is extremely clean. It's 5 speed, 69k miles, targa top, Anthracite, tan leather interior. Basically, everything for the NA except the spoiler and LSD. Seller was 1st owner and the car was entirely dealer maintained... yup, even the $90 oil changes. Clean title, never been in an accident. And here's the good part: $13,000.00 !!!! (I bought in Gilroy, near San Jose, Ca)

FUTR_supra_OWNR , be patient, and you'll probably find a good one at a low price!
You're so [email protected][email protected][email protected]#[email protected]% $13k!!!!!!!!! That's how much they should all be, seriously..

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
n/a supra purchase

Yeah, money042, a supra is the shit. Mine is pretty clean @ 5yrs but not as sweet as yours. The n/a handles great & looks great, (I GOT DA WING!!). This is my 3rd (82, 92, 96) & was the 3rd (82, 88, 96) of the previous owner! Extended warranty still in effect, not a daily driver for the seller. An n/a might be a good match for the heavier, convertible later 'stang'. Anybody tried one? :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, I just got mine last month for $13,000 too. But, mine has 100,000 miles on it. I still want to get a TT. But, even I do, I decided to keep this one for commute. And, going to go crazy with mod on TT.(if I ever find one I like..)

Danny

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Hey NA guys......i currently have MKIII turbo but have been contimplating the idea of a 93.5+ NA supra. What do you suppose insurance will run an 18 year old with a clean record. Currently i pay 171 for my MKIII turbo. I used to pay 124 with my good student discount but grades slipped a little :rolleyes: BTW HKS73, your car looks sweet.

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
Well Supraturbo, if your car is modded,it should be faster than a mkiv n/a. Insurance? :( I'm gonna be 44 this Dec. & it still doesn't seem that much better than when I was 21 (must be the value of the car) BUT! Since you've been payin' it ain't gonna seem so bad, you'll be driving what you want, plus I think the mkiv with its' lighter weight is soooooo much more fun!:D Hey, life's too short if you can have a good time - DO IT!:boink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts