Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I borrow my cousins tacoma to pick up my new wheels and let him borrow the supra for the weekend. Anyways, I get the car and its covered in water spots! My car is black the worst of all colors BTW. I guess he parked next to some sprinklers over night and thought it would come out if I washed it. Turns out I wash my car and its still covered in spots!!! Help me.

Will claybar work the magic? Ive tried the maguiers liquid and no luck. :rolleyes:

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Try the claybar and then give it some wax. That should take it right out. But damn, water spots fucking suck on black cars. And this is another reason to not let anyone drive your Supra, and damn if you let them keep it for a weekend.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I know. My paint was FLAWLESS too. I will try it and see what I can do.

Anybody have certain procedures when using the claybar and wax? Help!

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
well claybar probablly will not help very much with water spots, if they did not wipe off immediately it probablly means your paint was very dry... how often do you wax your car? water should bead right off a well waxed car, but try the wax and see if that removes the water spots, i cant see claybarring it doing much of anything other than the actual "quick detailer" spray you use it with

·
Rockstar Extraordinaire
467 Posts
dawn wash, claybar, buff, polish/swirl remover, wax.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of products?

Polish swirl remover and wax arent the same? A little more detail would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
kyle's way would be the correct way to do it.... wash entire car with dawn and rinse clean (this removes everything including wax) then you might as well claybar the car while your there and to top it all off it will need a few new coats of wax! best product out there is ZAINO, they make a compound for EVERYTHING, but it is somewhat expensive and you have to order it online, it is the SHIT though!

·
Registered
68 Posts
RichGT said:
What kind of products?

Polish swirl remover and wax arent the same? A little more detail would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!
Then your paint isn't flawless. Only to you, but to us. It must've been through hell.

Dawn wash to clean up all wash there is
Clay bar the car
Shampoo Again
I uses Menzerna polishes. I have 3 Steps Polish
Pinnacle Paste wax.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NickSupraTT said:
Man, it really bothers me that alot of Supra owners on here dont know how to take care of their paint.

AUTOPIA.ORG
WHat? Are you somekind of an ignorant little deuche? How do I not take care of m paint? I wax the SOB once a month, it barely sees rain, so what are ou talking about? Is it my fault my cousin had sprinlker water all over my car?

Shut up if you dont have advise on how to take WATER SPOTS out you ignorant fuck. shiet.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
supraswap said:
surprised this hasnt been suggested yet.
vinger wash will take the spots out.
ummm, i would go more in depth with this than just "vinegar wash", if someone goes out and washes their car with pure vinegar it will RUIN the paint.... to take just water spots out you have to be EXTREMELY careful and use a very diluted mixture, about 5% or less vinegar and wipe it off very fast or it will take the clear coat right off.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
my brother got water spots off hus mustang by spraying viniger on it and scrubbing then washing completely and waxing

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
kyle's way would be the correct way to do it.... wash entire car with dawn and rinse clean (this removes everything including wax) then you might as well claybar the car while your there and to top it all off it will need a few new coats of wax! best product out there is ZAINO, they make a compound for EVERYTHING, but it is somewhat expensive and you have to order it online, it is the SHIT though!

I'm sorry i might be a little lost here. When you guys say "Dawn" are you guys talking about dishwasher liquid? or is there another Dawn out there?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
I'm sorry i might be a little lost here. When you guys say "Dawn" are you guys talking about dishwasher liquid? or is there another Dawn out there?
that's the dawn. dish washer liquid

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
Yes, vinegar and water in a spray bottle does the job perfectly. This is the same kind of 'acid treatment' that detailers offer as a service.

Xaero said:
my brother got water spots off hus mustang by spraying viniger on it and scrubbing then washing completely and waxing[/QUOTE

·
Registered
125 Posts
RichGT said:
WHat? Are you somekind of an ignorant little deuche? How do I not take care of m paint? I wax the SOB once a month, it barely sees rain, so what are ou talking about? Is it my fault my cousin had sprinlker water all over my car?

Shut up if you dont have advise on how to take WATER SPOTS out you ignorant fuck. shiet.

LOL @ YOU. You're the one that thinks polishing switl removers and wax are the same. And I'm ignorant? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts