Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 months of argueing with myself over what to do with my car... I finally broke down and decided not to build it to high HP right now. I dont know about you guys but I think the car has more power over me then almost anything else sometimes, I didn't have the budget to do the things I wanted, but I still tried. I spent most of yesterday putting everything back together and fixing everything that needed fixing.. so when I wake up today I can just finish the job ( Brakes all thats left ).

So after the long 7 months I will finally be able to drive my Supra :). I'm sure some of you can imagine the feeling, but damn I can't even sleep I'm so excited! Not to mention, the last time I drove it I had the 17 year old stock suspension and brakes that shat on me... and no weight reduction. Infact all of my mods besides the Fluidyne and K&N were not presant.

Anyway, not much more to go I can't wait :).

I also think I just sold my Red 89 I had for sale in the FS section, which I think I will invest into a rebuild and paint job.

I think right now I'd be happy with this car being BPU and reliable.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
awesome bro...ive known the feeling of a long hard job and reaping the benefits...the smile wont leave your face for days.....of course i also know the heartache of when it goes down..... hopefully mine will be back up AGAIN in about 3 weeks....better faster and stronger then ever :D

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
nice man! reliable is the best, our cars can do bpu all day long, dont really have to modify much, its great power too... good luck!

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
SupraOfDoom said:
After 7 months of argueing with myself over what to do with my car... I finally broke down and decided not to build it to high HP right now. I dont know about you guys but I think the car has more power over me then almost anything else sometimes, I didn't have the budget to do the things I wanted, but I still tried. I spent most of yesterday putting everything back together and fixing everything that needed fixing.. so when I wake up today I can just finish the job ( Brakes all thats left ).

So after the long 7 months I will finally be able to drive my Supra :). I'm sure some of you can imagine the feeling, but damn I can't even sleep I'm so excited! Not to mention, the last time I drove it I had the 17 year old stock suspension and brakes that shat on me... and no weight reduction. Infact all of my mods besides the Fluidyne and K&N were not presant.

Anyway, not much more to go I can't wait :).

I also think I just sold my Red 89 I had for sale in the FS section, which I think I will invest into a rebuild and paint job.

I think right now I'd be happy with this car being BPU and reliable.
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo
--------------------------
-K&N FIPK Intake
-Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
-MKIV 17" TT rims
-Porterfield Performance Rotors
-Porterfield brake pads
-Goodridge Brake lines
-Bilstein Struts
-Eibach Springs
-Weight reduction
-Front Cusco Strut-Tower Bar
-Rear Cusco Strut-Tower Bar

Can't tell from your sig if you have exhuast or not. To be "real BPU" (IMO) ... you need turbo back exhaust and boost raised to just under fuel cut. You might want to think about 3inches turbo back exh and some shims on the waste gate with an aftermarket guage to set it up for just under "FC".

I think you'll be much happier like this. Stock boost and restriction could get boring really quickly. You want want to think of PVC intercooler pipes too. These mods retain reliability and may increase your gas milage due to better flow in basically stock form. You will definitely feel a power boost.

Hope you got the HG job done right. Congrats! Best regards.

Let us know how the first drive went.

·
Registered
461 Posts
"To be "real BPU" (IMO) ... you need turbo back exhaust and boost raised to just under fuel cut."

...to be "Real BPU" you need to get pass the fuel cut (FCD/Lexus Airflow "later recommended") and boost to 16psi's. Elbow back exhaust would be better and have a min of 3" in dia. from the down pipe back.

Staying under fuel cut is not BPU. Imagine the TT being BPU with out going pass FC! One of the things that make them such monsters is that they can boost passed FC.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

;)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Good point.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a70 said:
you gonna re paint it the same chamelion color
I'm poor, I love the color .. but It will be repainted black.

Y

·
0 Posts
<---the buyer of the red car! woot
I'm glad I am funding yoiur rebuild and paint job, and supplying the bumper and targa! And yes, my need to drive my supra overwhelmed me, and put my high hp rebuild on hold, bpu and reliable here I come!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts