Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have n 88 NA supra as my name hints to, and im tired of how slow it is, anyone done any mods to their naturally aspired mk 3's to give it a lil edge? besides putting an open filter, dp, messing with the air sensor and putting an electric fan instead of the old, heavy factory one.. any ideas would be helpful.

Y

·
0 Posts
I suppose if you wanted to rebuild the engine, you could change the pistons, cams, etc. I take it you already bumped the timing to around +13 and have a direct cool air intake pipe? But for non-invasive changes, you can get rid of extra weight such as the rear seats; the spare tire (pick up an RX7 doughnut because Fix-a-flat won't seal sidewall punctures), the AC compressor and cooler; replace the electric driver's seat with a passanger or get racing seats; fibreglass hood; aluminium drive shaft and flywheel (sort of invasive); underdrive pulley (some worry about the engine harmonics); drop the EGR; reroute the PCV to the exhaust stream for real positive ventilation; reprogram the ECU or pick up a programmable control unit and put on a larger air intake and ream the throttle body; replace the Cat with a test-pipe; High Cap ignition, wires and plugs; 0W-30 engine oil, synthetic tranny and diff oils; wrap the headers and exhaust to keep it hot; wrap the intake to keep it cool; wish for a supercharger;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts