1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right out the box as I received them

Just a few pairs of headlights I'm working on

Here are some of imperfections in the lenses before I start working on them

Someone had previously opened them and without properly cleaning old sealant used silicone to reseal them,so I had to get all that mess off

Sanded out imperfections and cracking on lenses ,clearcoated to keep them looking fresh

Prepped the inner housings ,masked off the chrome rings and edge of high beam area to give a little detail and have somewhat 97-up look as well as tinted the bulge lense so it won't stick out like sore thumb on dark background

I tried to get the color matched as close as possible to 97-up housing (pictured on the right) and I think I have succeeded .At some angles it changes colors because of the pearl metallic and you may notice slight difference.I have played with the paint for about an hour and I'm happy how it turned out,because I don't think the match would be any closer.

Will post more pics in next post

·
616 Posts
Thanks again Stefan, the headlights look great. I would definitely recommend this for any '93-'96 headlight owner.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Wow, that looks incredible! Do you sand the lense and polish, or just sand and spray the clear? I've always thought those tiny cracks were deep inside the acrylic and that sanding and polishing wouldn't do anything to remove them. Also, is that polyurethane sealant just like the stock stuff? Can you heat it and still pull the headlights apart later?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i was curious... how did you go about cleaning up/removing the old sealant and/or silicone? im sure it was a time consuming task, but any tips that may make things easier when attempting this job myself will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
wow looks great man good job on the headlights

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,186 Posts
I think the perfect combo will be the below....

94 headlight... with the bubble for the parking light with the housing painted to be like the 97 headlights.
Using the 97 -98 lenses to be totally clear...
High beam using the Q45's 9 lens projector.
Low beam using the TSX/S2000 projector.
Fog light can essentially remain the same with the wiring to have them on just with the parking light.

Is this something you can do?? if so... I will send you my set of 94 headlights and if you can do the entire conversion except for the fog light part... I think we have a deal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.