Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Import vs Domestic meet, Reynolds, GA, June 25

Hey guys, I just wanted to post this up. Im organizing an event for June 25. It would be cool to get some fast supras out there to help out the import camp.

Import vs Domestic Shootout/Grudge Match: June 25 at Silver Dollar Raceway
Event: Import vs Domestic Shootout - Grudge Match
When: June 25, 2006, Noon until 5 PM
Where: Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds, Georgia
Fees: $10 at gate, $xx to race

http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/index.htm

All:
Please come out and join me in Reynolds for our much discussed Import vs Domestic Shootout on Sunday, June 25, 2006.
The track will open at noon. Racing begins at 1 PM and goes until 5 PM.

The focus of the event will be Import vs Domestic Grudge Matches. Depending on the number of Domestic vs Import matches that we have, I will open the event for import vs import, domestic vs domestic, or even test and tune. The grudge matches will have priority if time becomes short.

Gate fee will the $10 to enter/watch. I will be selling tech cards for racing. I will base the race fee on the tentative turn-out, but it will be very fair, tentatively $15-20.

Please check out Silver Dollar's website for more information on the track.

I will be handling all of the coordination activites. I will update this as I have more information on the classes and schedules, but I wanted to go ahead and get this posted out.

If you have suggestions on classes or anything else, please contact me (Chris) by email at [email protected] , or send me a PM (email preferred.)
I would appreciate your help in spreading the word. However, please contact me first if you want to post this on other forums.

Thanks for the time here, and Im anticipating an awesome event.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ftr_10 said:
I would love to go, but I have a Dang wedding to go to!
Come on Rush, you know you can swing it :) I want to see that car of yours whoop up on some domestics.

BTW, guys, to clarify, this is primarily a pre-arranged grudge match, although like I said, if there is time left after those, we should defiantely use it up. If you have someone you want to call-out, send me an email about it so I can add it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, update already....
I had a couple people mention that they wouldnt be able to make it because of Father's Day plans that day. The track had suggested the 18th, but I called and they were able to do the 25th also.
So, the new date is June 25th. I updated my original post.
So, now Rush doesnt have an excuse either :)

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
lightspeed240 said:
Guys, update already....
I had a couple people mention that they wouldnt be able to make it because of Father's Day plans that day. The track had suggested the 18th, but I called and they were able to do the 25th also.
So, the new date is June 25th. I updated my original post.
So, now Rush doesnt have an excuse either :)

The 25th sounds like a plan! Should be a fun event!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GA*Red*Supra said:
Excuses Excuses! :) If my baby is running by then I might go.
Cool, love to have you come down.

Ftr_10 said:
The 25th sounds like a plan! Should be a fun event!
Awesome.
Man, from your times posted on streetcarforums, that car of yours is BEAST now. Good job!

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
lightspeed240 said:
Cool, love to have you come down.

Awesome.
Man, from your times posted on streetcarforums, that car of yours is BEAST now. Good job!

Well, whats funny is that was with the old setup, and that was like on 520hp, I should see some high 9's easily... I will hit a track before this and see how its gonna be. Switched some stuff around, Brand new built tranny, and right around 750rwhp through the th400, so Im excited about it now!

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
GA*Red*Supra said:
I didn't know you've been running your car Rush. How's she pulling?

Well I got it back from AAP when they re did my Fuel system and tuned it to its fullest, and I got to drive it one day before I blew the tranny in it, whats bad is I didnt even know till like a day later, when I found out it was stuck in 3rd..
I should have it back this week, but Im not sure if I can run it next weekend or not, dont know if my plans will interfere or not.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ftr_10 said:
Well I got it back from AAP when they re did my Fuel system and tuned it to its fullest, and I got to drive it one day before I blew the tranny in it, whats bad is I didnt even know till like a day later, when I found out it was stuck in 3rd..
I should have it back this week, but Im not sure if I can run it next weekend or not, dont know if my plans will interfere or not.
You car was flat hauling ass for that amount of power. I know the TH400 is going to suck up more than other trannys, but thats nuts.
Damn man, what is it with you grenading tranny's? TH400's are supposed to be strong. Maybe you should look into getting someone else to build them :dunno:
Ive seen some 9 sec BL auto cars. Have you thought about trying one of those?
Hopefully you can make it out!

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
That sucks Rush. I wonder what happened. Like buddy above said, I though that those TH400s were expensive for a reason. I know how you feel though. I'm waiting on mine to get back as we speak.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
lightspeed240 said:
You car was flat hauling ass for that amount of power. I know the TH400 is going to suck up more than other trannys, but thats nuts.
Damn man, what is it with you grenading tranny's? TH400's are supposed to be strong. Maybe you should look into getting someone else to build them :dunno:
Ive seen some 9 sec BL auto cars. Have you thought about trying one of those?
Hopefully you can make it out!

#1 problem of 9 months waisted, and 3 trannys.....Turbodave, got ripped on it, but I have a new guy that built me one, It feels good and hits hard in each gear.... I got it back this past Thursday, and he had the car for 2 days, one day to install it, and the next to check everything! Turbodaves time frame on the same work done would have been two months....no joke!

The car should be in top running shape for this race to!

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
if my f-in clutch will ever get here i will be there :D

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
clutch came in... and now broken in.... but now the car doesnt wanna accept the tuning.....weird

time for a full stand alone :D so i doubt ill make it to the import domestic shootout :( but i should be ready for july :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts