Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a dumb question but, which do you think is better as an overall car, and why. The Import MKIV TT, or the Export MKIV TT.

~AsaSpades~

·
Registered
784 Posts
Renlin said:
We exported MKIV's?
he probably meant the japanese supra compare to U.S. supra

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Depends on who you talk to, some say the Jap spec supra has quicker spooling twins, hence, quicker 1/4 times, and, the car is underrated HP wise secondary to the now defunct "gentlemens agreement". Most here would give the nod to the US spec supra because of the larger/non ceramic twins. And after having said that...

:lock:

·
Registered
282 Posts
DrDJDesi said:
Depends on who you talk to, some say the Jap spec supra has quicker spooling twins, hence, quicker 1/4 times, and, the car is underrated HP wise secondary to the now defunct "gentlemens agreement". Most here would give the nod to the US spec supra because of the larger/non ceramic twins. And after having said that...

:lock:
I'm pretty sure the US Supra is faster than the JDM, all around, not just 1/4mi.

US has larger turbos(40hp worth), as Desi said, as well as larger cams, larger injectors, more aggressively mapped ECU. There are a few more things I'm not thinking of, but if you run a search on the differences you will discover for yourself. Pretty much the JDM Supras are lame.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Isnt it amazing for once Japan sent USA a better version of their car then the JDM..lol...what an amazing car :bigthumb:

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Why do ppl bring up the JDM spec Supra, not like they were ever sent here, ppl talk like there are so many that are here or can be imported.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
I think you should get the import one, and then tell us how you got it street legal via VIN numbers

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have one....well a Stock JDM Engine. I have been very pleased with the power. I would like to see what the power difference is between the Jspec and USA with equal mods, and how that power is delivered. All I have is a 3" DP and 3" Exhaust and intake. I may just get the car dynoed....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts