Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of the threads I've read say the IAT sensor isn't of much use with the MAP ecu. I read one thread that said since the sensor is not high-speed, it is too slow to be effective and that the OEM sensor is the same. However, doesn't the OEM MAF sensor inherently account for temperature differences? Isn't high speed IAT correction necessary with a MAP conversion? Does the VPC use high-speed IAT correction? Sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find any info on this topic.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
well when i installed it on my NA-T supra, the guy on mapecu forums told me I should install it because it allows the car to idle properly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Instead of installing the IAT, you could simply install a 2.2k ohm resistor in the OEM maf harness. I believe you jump wire 3 and 4 (there are small numbers under each of the 5 wires on the MAF harness).

I have a MAP ECU installed on my car (1997 Lexus SC300 NA-T), and I used a 2.2k ohm resistor instead of the IAT sensor. Idles fine and runs great.

Many MAP ECU users actually prefer installing the resistor instead of the actual IAT. You might wana sign up on the forums on mapecu.com - really cool forum with prompt responses.

Allen

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I am using the temp sensor supplied with the MAP ECU since I want the ECU to see the actual charge temps as with the stock MAF. Didn´t have a problem with it, yet.
I feel better to have the temp correction still active then giving a fixed temp value.
Gerd

·
Registered
994 Posts
Where are you guys putting the sensor at? on the Intake Manifold or the piping?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
since the OEM temp sensor is located at the spot where the MAF is I place mine just in front of the intake filter. As I was on OEM twins I placed it in the intake pipe.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
think I too will be using the 2.2k resistor.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
I am using the temp sensor supplied with the MAP ECU since I want the ECU to see the actual charge temps as with the stock MAF. Didn´t have a problem with it, yet.
I feel better to have the temp correction still active then giving a fixed temp value.
Gerd
I am also using the supplied IAT sensor now. I tried the resistor, but the car wasnt idling as nice as it should on cold start so I eventually tapped and installed. I am having better results with the IAT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts