Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
So I do alot of shipping now with my business, here is what I have learned, from USA to Canada.
-USPS does not have brokerage charges, only pay GST/PST on declared value.
-UPS has high brokerage charges, up to 50+% of the value, get the package marked down to a lower value and if marked as Warrantee repair you may just have to pay GST and PST.

From Canada to the USA.
- Purolator, no brokerage/ taxes if valued at under $100
- Canada post/ USPS, no brokerage or taxes.

What do you guys do when you order large orders valued at $2000 or more, or many different parts from HPF or Champion Toyota?

I bought $1700 worth of stuff from Rrev. Had them ship it up using usps and all I was charged was gst.

R.K.

·
Registered
861 Posts
What was the size of your package Rad? USPS is usually good for smaller content. I try to get most of my stuff shipped via USPS, but stuff like bumpers and other freight items I do not believe USPS can handle.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well, in the last month I've had things shipped from the states using, USPS, UPS and FedEx.... haven't been charged anything extra for any package. Now, FedEx might send me a bill in the mail 60 days down the road, but I don't think so. I didn't sign for it, they just left it at the door. Blitz Exhaust, sitting outside for anyone to take... love it.

No rhyme or reason to it, it would seem anyway.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hmm, well for my turbos and alternator I had to sign the paperwork and give Fedex my details before they would bring it over the border. Are you buying yours from a private seller or a shop? How are the packages being marked for value/description and type ie gift, commerical sample, etc.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2 were from shops, MVP and Titon, marked as such, full value. The FedEx was a private shipper, but the invoice showed it as described. Ironically enough, the FedEx was treated the worst, the box was banged to all hell. USPS and UPS were in great shape.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
What was the size of your package Rad? USPS is usually good for smaller content. I try to get most of my stuff shipped via USPS, but stuff like bumpers and other freight items I do not believe USPS can handle.
It was pretty big. Just picture the interior carpet but folded in half.

R.K.

·
Registered
861 Posts
2 were from shops, MVP and Titon, marked as such, full value. The FedEx was a private shipper, but the invoice showed it as described. Ironically enough, the FedEx was treated the worst, the box was banged to all hell. USPS and UPS were in great shape.
Hmm, well I'm going to be getting a USPS shipment from MVP so I'll let you know how that turns out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I've given up trying to figure out a system. I'm to the point where I expect duty and taxes and broker fees, and if I don't have to pay them it's a bonus!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, fired him off an email :) This package is just gonna come USPS, I have a bunch of body parts coming sometime in the future not sure if USPS can ship those but we'll see about it on freight items.

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea Dusty is awesome. I'm actually in Dallas right now so I'm going to stop by MVP and bring some stuff back with me, small stuff like cam gears, belts and pulleys. I won't have to pay any duties on it as i've been here over 2 weeks i can bring back i think $700 or $1000 worth of stuff. I can't wait to get home and open the boxes of goodies waiting for me :p

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Got a bill in the mail from FedEx... 77 and change for my Exhaust, or DP, can't remember which came via FedEx now.

Just know I'll be sticking with USPS or UPS, nothing from either of them so far.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The body parts havent arrived yet, this was 3 boxes of stuff, quite a few things:

Full rear TT brake setup as early JDM's came with NA brakes front and rear but i have a front bbk now (So rotors, calipers, pads, lines)
fluidyne radiator
gsc cams
upper radiator pipe
dry cf radiator cooling plate, dry cf spark plug cover
full gasket kit
and some other misc bits..

i'm pretty sure it was shipped with USPS but i will have to check when i get back from texas

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
Got a bill in the mail from FedEx... 77 and change for my Exhaust, or DP, can't remember which came via FedEx now.

Just know I'll be sticking with USPS or UPS, nothing from either of them so far.
If you use Fedex get them to ship it overnight. I bought diamond earings for the wife and car parts from ATPTURBO.com and had them shipped over night. You will pay slightly higher shipping but you won't get dinged at the door. I think I paid $26 for the earings.

R.K.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts