Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm new to this thing, but I have always been a fan of supras sense the first time I saw one. I was wondering how to import a supra from japan, is it worth it? has anyone done it before? and what mods would need to be done to make it US legal. Any thing would be helpful thanks.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Not going to happened. A select few here on the forum got their RHD Supras legalized in the states but they jumped some BIG hoops or have a connection on the inside. All honesty, RHD is for "Wow" factor. The Japanese 2J motors are actually inferior to the US models. Just pony up, do it right, buy a US model and enjoy not being scared that it can be taken away at any moment because the VIN # is short a few spaces to drive legally.

Trust me. I already looked into it and did all the research. Almost got a RHD Supra too. Went ahead and just picked up a US MKIV instead and am happy i did.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yep, Nick is correct! With all the money spent on legalizing the JDM Supras, it will probably ended up costing you way more than finding a nice low mileage good condition US Supras. The trouble is only worth it if you import cars that was never imported to the US.

·
97 HARD TOP
1,044 Posts
^^^exactly, good point choua01. you think im being a dick ak-3.4 wait until some of the even older members see your post. i understand that your new but you need to read alot of the rules first. hell read half the post on this forum and you will see that people have mention if they tried looking it up first or not. rule of thumb "search alot first, then ask questions". this site has been around for a very long time and there are tons and tons of good information here. so start searching or its only going to get worse for you.

·
Let's go Phils
624 Posts
LOCK THIS POS THREAD UP!
same threads:
how much hp will this turbo make?
will xyz offset wheels from xyz car fit my shitbox?
why my shit broke yo?
why do you guys get a single turbo, two=more!
and more threads I'm forgetting

every damn day the same shit.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Use the search button or google... it will help you... also read the section before you post a new thread... what you just did is actually against forum rules that is why your making people angry...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.