Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm polishing my valve covers and there are these spots that are impossible to remove! Its like the aluminum is stained, and these spots are directly beneath the places that the paint was chipping. Is there a solvent or something i can use to get rid of these. I've tried everything to grind them out and i don't want to ruin the covers. Thanks! :)

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
elbow grease my friend.... and try a coarser grit, then go higher... try tht in a spot you cant see very well just to test it out... thts what Id do...

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
**edit** i see you're using a wheel... try sandpaper, then the wheel then finer sand paper until you get your desired finish

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, those wheels work wonders. Before i was just using sandpaper, then i went out and got a paint remover wheel.. awesome! Then i bought a coarse and fine wheel. I'll give it another shot with that sandpaper. thanks!

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all very much! i was able to get rid of those ugly spots and now it look really nice! thanks again!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
cool, glad I could help, throw some after pics up!

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After: let me know what you think!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
very nice, do you do vinyl work or somethinf, becasue those came out flawless.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, no thats Dupli-Color Anodized paint. (heat resistant) I polished them, layed down a Dupli-Color ground coat, then masked, then sprayed with anodized blue.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
sexy...wanna do mine?

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha, no thats okay. :D :D :)

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
theyre already smooth...i painted them red, but its so ugly...the paint got eaten by cleaning solvents...looks nasty, i think im getting them powdercoated

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Supra_N2O said:
theyre already smooth...i painted them red, but its so ugly...the paint got eaten by cleaning solvents...looks nasty, i think im getting them powdercoated
That's the way to go man, spray paint just plain don't last

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hope this stuff lasts, i've heard good stories about it

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn, i must say.. looks sweet!!

can some one please give me step by step directions on how to polish, ruff, type aluminum?

perhaps and intake mani, valve covers, ect ect..

THANX!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts