Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was helping a friend dyno and I saw some real impressive numbers out of a 60-1.

I installed an emanage for this guy yesterday, and we started tuning...

Although we got an unimpressive 370 WHP at 20 PSI the power kept dropping run after run. The stock torque converter was slipping like mad.

The kicker here is the torque, or the torque it made before the coverter couldn't handle it anymore.

An astonishing 490WTQ followed up later by a 505WTQ. :bowdown:

Now note this is all on an upgraded ct 57 trim.... So these torque numbers are at 3000 RPM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely TOOO fun to drive on the street.

Car has an external wastegate (welded to stock CT exhaust housing), intercooler, manual boost controller, hard pipes, fresh rebulit engine. Auto has valve body done, but stock converter.

Gotta love the 7m's torque ;) Nothing better then a upgraded CT imo still for the 7m. The powerband the upgraded ct gives is just too much fun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is there a vid for this? if so, I hope you don't mind if we can see it............... I want to see the power this car let out. Not just that, i am here at work bored off my mind so watching this video will make my day. I always love to watch an mk3 make impressive numbers.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
damn! that must THROW you in your seat.

thats awesome. i too would also like to see a vid

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
wow 505 ftlbs of tq from a upgraded ct or for any matter 505 is alot wow just uh.........wow i dunno what to say

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Thats torque like from a diesel truck......and yes, the 7m torque will make you and your passengers and anyone around your shit their pants......I enjoyed mine when I had a 7m ..

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
7M's <3

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Nice numbers.. But I think the torque figure is reading way higher than it really is.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
yes, xxx car put's down some serious power. (edited by zazzn) don't say whos car
this was the mk3 that went 11.66's at 117 i believe, i have it on video
definitely a fast ride

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
Steady Boostin' said:
ok was it a 60-1 or a 57 trim im confused or maybe im dumb :wtf:
I second this...I too am confused, was it a .57 trim, or a 60-1? That torque reading sounds too crazy! Auto trannied cars, are usually lower torque than hp.
I rolled 304whp, and 291wtq, on my .57trim, @ 12.9psi... Torque Freaks guys said respectable #'s at low boost.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
"a engineer at pratt once told me that a torque converter multiplies torque when it isn't locked up"

"really?"

"he said its because of the mechanical advantage... the engine is spinning 1.5 times the speed of the transmission, so it multiplies the torque 1.5 times, not sure if it was the same kind of TC that would be in the supra."

engineer that designs airplane engines/turbines.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts