Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
holy 14.1:1 A/F... nice run nonetheless :bowdown:

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
I would imagine somewhere around ~12.0:1 but it depends upon the setup of the car.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually tune to 11.5-11.8:1, that run one of the fuel pumps dropped out and my fuel pressure didn't increase at a 1:1 ratio with boost like its suppose to.

The next run with no other changes the car ran 11.4 through the whole run.

Until I figured out it was the pump it was driving me crazy

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Great vid.....autos look so easy ...lol But my question is...why would you even stay in that run with the a/fs that lean the entire run? Lowest it even blipped to was a 13.9 .

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver Bullet said:
Great vid.....autos look so easy ...lol But my question is...why would you even stay in that run with the a/fs that lean the entire run? Lowest it even blipped to was a 13.9 .
trust me if I noticed it I would have let off.

The car was all over the track that night so my eyes never looked down.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
T78supra said:
trust me if I noticed it I would have let off.

The car was all over the track that night so my eyes never looked down.
Ok....been there done that......just thought you saw it while running...lol Thats why in car cams are the greatest. People just dont understand how hard it is to look down for that split second...or remember too lol Good run nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Silver Bullet said:
Ok....been there done that......just thought you saw it while running...lol Thats why in car cams are the greatest. People just dont understand how hard it is to look down for that split second...or remember too lol Good run nonetheless.

People also don't understand how slick Cecil gets on a cool night, keeping the car straight and hitting all your shifts is enough to worry about.

And to tell ya the truth the car was pulling like a mofo, I never would have suspected it was that lean, usually the car will pop and misfire with those a/f ratio's.

I also was manually switching off the nitrous just after the 1-2 shift.

I picked up a tenth in my 330 time doing that over using an rpm switch.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
It seems like you have a longer than normal amount of time between when you shift the lever and when the tranny shifts? Cool video nonetheless. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
badass supra and vid

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DaveH said:
It seems like you have a longer than normal amount of time between when you shift the lever and when the tranny shifts? Cool video nonetheless. :)
Wow Dave I'm impressed, you are the first to notice that.

That was on my old tranny with my Pi4400, after a full season using the T brake my fins layed over and the tranny started to shifting slow.

That night was the first night I started feeling it, it actaully got worse before finally I lost 3rd gear at wot.

I could cruise 3rd gear but as soon as I boosted- it would drop to 2nd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts