·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Damn that was awesome!!

Next time try to put the camera a bit higher so you could see the track.

What did you run?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Krister said:
Damn that was awesome!!

Next time try to put the camera a bit higher so you could see the track.

What did you run?
That run wasn an [email protected] with a 2.1 60' :)

So, pretty shitty. The car was breaking up a bit from running too lean if you listen closely.

The camera mount was done the night before and its mounted to the rear strut tower bar, so it does sit pretty low. With more time, I think I can come up with a better way to mount it there so you can get some vision out of it :)

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Ekool,
thanks for the in-car vid! It's nice to see the driver's skills! :D What turbo are you running? I'd like to see a pass with a very fast 60', just to see how it looks like.

-Olivier

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
:bigthumb: Cool video! Were you just spinning through 2nd? It sounded like you shifted pretty early in 2nd gear?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oliver,

I put the camera in the night before that pass so the setup isnt ideal, and I only made two passes with the camera in the car so far.

I have alot of videos of the car from an external view tho, and they can be found here:

http://skank.fiendish.net/~ekool/supra/vids/

But, my best 60' ever is only a 1.71

The turbo is a T70 from:

http://www.limitengineering.com/

Craig,

I didnt spin in 2nd and dont think I shifted early. 1st spun pretty bad but 2nd, 3rd and 4th were good. I think since 2nd gear hooks so well I just go through it fast.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
woohoo some badass stuff right there!

-how much psi were you running ekool?

-I didn't realize people had the same habits as me, of wiggling around the shifter after you take it out of gear!

nice pass dude, where u on DR's?

-Brett

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
ekool said:
Oliver,

I put the camera in the night before that pass so the setup isnt ideal, and I only made two passes with the camera in the car so far.

I have alot of videos of the car from an external view tho, and they can be found here:

http://skank.fiendish.net/~ekool/supra/vids/

But, my best 60' ever is only a 1.71

The turbo is a T70 from:

http://www.limitengineering.com/

Craig,

I didnt spin in 2nd and dont think I shifted early. 1st spun pretty bad but 2nd, 3rd and 4th were good. I think since 2nd gear hooks so well I just go through it fast.
I've already downloaded all your videos! Pretty cool stuff! :D Please, record other vids from inside the car. Most interesting view IMO. Thanks!

-Olivier

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
neonafk said:
woohoo some badass stuff right there!

-how much psi were you running ekool?

-I didn't realize people had the same habits as me, of wiggling around the shifter after you take it out of gear!

nice pass dude, where u on DR's?

-Brett
Nah, they were some 28" tall Hoosiers with alot of air pressure in them (19 psi, cold) -- due to this being a new track, and me witnessing 3 seperate cars wreck that day :)

My main goal every time I hit the track is to not hit the wall.

That run was a 1.75kg/cm2 peak, and the car was running lean due to the very cold weather.

One thing this video showed me that I never realized I did was launch with both hands on the wheel... I never thought about it really but someone pointed it out to me in the video. He said "no wonder you always hit the rev limiter in first, you launch with both hands on the wheel" :)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Everyone was complaining about the shitty track conditions that day. I was about 20 feet away from a ProStock Monte Carlo hitting the wall. That was intense! Still, it was nice to see a fellow Supra owner kick ass, considering mine still isn't finished after a whole bunch of BS from local shop. Everyone was amazed that an import could go so fast. My friend was like "I can't believe that white Supra went to fast!" lol

G

·
neonafk said:
i have that same habit.... dont know why, just do it for some reason.

is it just my computer, or is the sound a bit off from the video? I heard the car shift and about a second later i see you shifting. ??

3,796 Posts
neonafk said:

-Brett
I do the same thing man :)

Nice vid btw

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My94Pony said:

is it just my computer, or is the sound a bit off from the video? I heard the car shift and about a second later i see you shifting. ??
I've seen that happen if you have an older version or divx, or on older computers :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
medici78 said:
Everyone was complaining about the shitty track conditions that day. I was about 20 feet away from a ProStock Monte Carlo hitting the wall. That was intense! Still, it was nice to see a fellow Supra owner kick ass, considering mine still isn't finished after a whole bunch of BS from local shop. Everyone was amazed that an import could go so fast. My friend was like "I can't believe that white Supra went to fast!" lol
Thx orestes... That run was very crappy. It would have been nice to run an off the trailer [email protected] -- but my lucks not that good :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
neonafk said:

-Brett
i do that too lol.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Nice run EKool PM me when you see this...

Also the quote in your sig is too damn funny.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
ekool said:
Thx orestes... That run was very crappy. It would have been nice to run an off the trailer [email protected] -- but my lucks not that good :)
Actually, I'm Isaac. I have a black TT that's been out of commission since March. Orestes's screen name is omr.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts