·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I've been up to...

^
24x12x4 FMIC, 2.5" hardpipes, custom cut. Did it all myself

V
2.5" ypipe and 3" dp, awaiting heatwrap, bought from supraforums member supraspeed-1jz, big thanks to him for the great shipping and great deal, best transaction ever! :bigthumb:

Gonna try to get the 1jz up and running and done in less than a month, although its not all up to me we'll see if I can do it. :bigthumb:

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
looks like ur off to a good start man, good luck on the swap!

~scott

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
sounds good

24x12x3 loses about 300-500RPM of spool time, so 4" could be somewhat laggy on stock twins.

However, the top end sure made up for it.

·
supra love
463 Posts
did you totally remove that black bumper support thing or just cut it and then cut the bumper? and where did you mount the top of the intercooler at?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I highly doubt that much spool time will be lost..

what do you have out of your car to make it 2980?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything is out, it's pretty much a race car I drive on the street. The 2980 was with about 1/8-1/4 tank of gas and that was NA, so the 1jz will probably be a bit heavier, but I don't think I'll be over 3100.

Bumper support has been out for a while. Mounted the top of the ic to the frame and to the nose. Wasn't hard to do, just get a friend to help. Took about an hour.

Thanks for all the comments

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
Everything is out, it's pretty much a race car I drive on the street. The 2980 was with about 1/8-1/4 tank of gas and that was NA, so the 1jz will probably be a bit heavier, but I don't think I'll be over 3100.

Bumper support has been out for a while. Mounted the top of the ic to the frame and to the nose. Wasn't hard to do, just get a friend to help. Took about an hour.

Thanks for all the comments
you mean gutted? like no interior???

crap... if the 1jz weighs more then for sure with the 2jz block, my engine weighs more.... d'oh

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has some interior. The dash was removed and hollowed out, no vents, lines, support, insulation, backing, it's just a skin. The same was done for the door panels and center console. All the sound deadener was also removed. I have 2 lightweight seats, steering wheel, guage cluster, a shifter, ebrake.. :hsugh: you don't notice all the stuff gone when you're sitting in the car. I have a custom stereo wired in, mp3 player and some cheap lightweight speakers, setup weighs less than 5 lbs. I can do without heat, ac, and lots of other crap, but I like having music :). The car IS gutted, but I made it look like it isn't. I have custom carpet, and also laid pieces from a carpet kit down where the rear seats were, on the floor, and in 2 spots in the hatch. So yes you see metal and it looks somewhat gutted, but I made it contrast and look nice at the same time. Took WAY over 100 hours to do my interior (Black/Tan). Was a lot of work. At one point I was driving the car without a dash. All I had was a seat, guage cluster, steering wheel, and shifter. I noticed no difference after putting back in the interior I have in now.

Hi Iceberg :D. I would have, but where the car is parked is a tiny incline. So the more I roll it back, the harder it is for me to push it back up. It may be 3000 lbs, but it's still hard to push uphill ;).

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
cant wait to see the finished product!!!!! :) wow i might have to gut my dash too....... the back side is already out :)

chris

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K bump because I heatwrapped my ypipe and need to do the downpipe still, but I don't know which side is top and which is bottom. I'm not wrapping the whole thing so I need to know if the top has the big bend or the little. Can someone just give me a quick answer? Thank you

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Welcome to lag city!!! With that ypipe/ downpipe and that intercooler rated for 800hp, ill have 18psi sooner with my non bb GT4088 then you with stock turbos.
The stock SMIC has been dyno'd to over 350whp on stock cams, twins, fuel system, and dp at over 20psi, and runs rich. Looks cool tho :)

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Even with a 4.30 lsd, lightweight flywheel, lightweight rims, and a 3000 lb chasis?

Turbo lag :kekegay:

Btw supraspeed answered my question on aim anyways so nvm and thank you supraspeed :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
i went from stock dp to a 3in... killed my spool and made zero hp gain.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
Welcome to lag city!!! With that ypipe/ downpipe and that intercooler rated for 800hp, ill have 18psi sooner with my non bb GT4088 then you with stock turbos.
? lol

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
The stock SMIC has been dyno'd to over 350whp on stock cams, twins, fuel system, and dp at over 20psi, and runs rich. Looks cool tho :)

For one, the 1jz doesnt have a stock SMIC, it's a front mounted IC.

And two, the y pipe and DP decreased my spool time and added 4psi. So, if your y-pipe and DP made you lag. Sucks for you. :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts