Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well, I was pulled over 2 days ago for my exhaust being too loud.
I have the Blitz Nur Spec R w/ the silencer installed. I went to the referee today and it read 120 decibels. How in the fark could it be so high? it's gotta be 150 without the silencer in... When I installed it 7 years ago it didn't sound that much louder than stock. I'm wondering if anyone in Socal would let me borrow their stock NA exhaust so I can take it to the referee and have it tested. I gaurantee its gotta be louder than the 95 decibel limit. I'll have better options if I can prove to them that the stock is louder than the legal limit.

Thanks!
Reese

· Registered
52 Posts
WTH Reff is open again Bummer :-(, btw if u just want a easy way to pass all you do is get another silencer and pinch the inner tip to make it smaller it will quite down a whole lot. i wouldn't argue with the reff i passed the db test and they gave me a print out that i keep in my car and it has come in handy.

-Greg

· Registered
52 Posts
I have two straight trow cans, its wicked loud with out the silencer, if i were you id do the silencer thing because u get paper wrk that u can show if u get stoped nxt time, if u go with factory stuff its gona have the factory pics on the paper wrk, trust me iv been trough this.

i still cant believe they opened reff up again :lame:

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two straight trow cans, its wicked loud with out the silencer, if i were you id do the silencer thing because u get paper wrk that u can show if u get stoped nxt time, if u go with factory stuff its gona have the factory pics on the paper wrk, trust me iv been trough this.

i still cant believe they opened reff up again :lame:
I already have the silencer in my Blitz and its was still 120 decibels. I told the Ref that this one wasn't much louder, if at all, then the stock one was. I asked him what if the stock one is louder than the legal limit. he said I will have better options and to prove that the stock one is illegal first. so, my goal is to put a stock exhaust on there. Have them test, and when it goes over 95 decibels, he said I will have better options because the stock replacement part will not "fix" the violation.

· Registered
52 Posts
that fine, but like i said if u pinch the inside end of the silencer flat basically restricting flow it will quite down, hence you pass with ur aftermarket muffler, bro lets say the stock set up is as loud as ur aftermarket one, what are you going to do when u get pulled over nxt time? the only reason i say this is cuss i been there done that.

to them if it fails and its stock they mite make u still fix it if you have any welds or if your catt has been changed ect.

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what I don't understand, is how in the hell do Dodge Vipers get away with it? or vettes and newer mustangs? their exhausts a MUCH louder then mine is...
oh yeah, they're american cars.... F'n cops SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that fine, but like i said if u pinch the inside end of the silencer flat basically restricting flow it will quite down, hence you pass with ur aftermarket muffler, bro lets say the stock set up is as loud as ur aftermarket one, what are you going to do when u get pulled over nxt time? the only reason i say this is cuss i been there done that.

to them if it fails and its stock they mite make u still fix it if you have any welds or if your catt has been changed ect.
The Ref guy just said I will have better options if the stock one fails, he wouldn't go into details, kind of an arsehole... but I wouldn't expect less from them.... lol

My blitz is a cat back, all bolt up. So when I put a stock exhaust back on there it will be as if it came from the show room floor. like i said, he refused to go into details what my options are if the factory one fails. he was convinced that if I put a factory one on there it will pass... so, I'm hoping it does fail miserablly .....

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GL i guess lol, my set up passed with 87.? and ill tell you its still hellof alot louder than stock. u can nvr go to get tested to many times so if one option fails u have another chance.
lol, I'm shooting in the dark here :p
I'm just pissed cuz it honestly isn't that loud compared to cars that get away with it... :(

like you said, it's free to have them test it as many times I need to get it to "Pass". Just a little wrench time ;)

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i understand, my whole thing wat that if u pass with ur aftermarket stuff u get paper wrk for it with pics so in case u get stopped again u have proof
yep, that's my eventual goal... Just wanna prove to them that the stock won't meet their standards either, i'm hoping they will give me more leeway if the stock replacement won't pass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.