Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
shame that the search is still broken...

[1] RPS Max Clutch with Street Disc

This package includes the RPS Max Pressure Plate and the RPS Street Disc. It is a full face organic disc that is extremely slippable and the most friendly disc you could ever put in your Supra.

This clutch kit can hold up to 440 foot pounds of torque & is 60% stiffer than stock. This clutch is the most streetable clutch you can buy and will hold 400+ RWHP.​

[2] Powerhouse Racing Clutch Kit

The PHR high performance clutch was designed for the five speed manual transmission and can handle in excess of 600 horsepower. Perfect for any PHR Stage 1 or 2 equipped Non-Turbo Supra. Includes upgraded pressure plate and Kevlar / organic clutch disc for street use.​

My questions:

[1] Is the PHR stiffer than stock as well? how much in percentage?

[2] When i'm going to replace the clutch do i need anything else to buy, parts that will be worn out or better to replace them directly while the tranny is open?
I see at MVPmotorsports that there is list with all kind of items, but which ones are included with the clutches and which ones should i buy?
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=780&SearchYN=N

[3] Wich one should i buy according to you guys? i'm not going to do any dragraces, just normal street use and some track days.

[4]What light flywheel do you recommend, the Fidanza or Unorthodox Racing Lightened Flywheel? or maybe a different one?

·
Registered
951 Posts
i have HPF bronze sprung clutch w/ ACT PP w/ stock resurfaced flywheel and love it so far. obviously it sucks in traffic, but what do you expect from a 6 puck? barely any chatter or noise

·
Registered
870 Posts
i have the - RPS MAX PP and 6 puck kevlar/ceramic sprung disk
Part #: MS-22522-SP

im not sure how it drives yet. but i will know in a few weeks

8,181 Posts
instead of starting a new thread i post my Q here.

how much boost and HP can i run on a stock clutch. the turbo is T4 with .81AR. probably be 60 mm compresor.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
rps "street" clutch disc is junk, don't get it. A good sprung 6 puck clutch disc is fine for daily driving..

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
I also heard RPS street disk sucks. I just got my HPF bronze disk and I am also using the ACT PP. I recommend you go this route because 1) this setup is very streetable 2) you will be able to handle more power should you choose to up the boost later 3) you can rebuild the clutch disk. The disk is a little on the expensive side for NA-T but you get what you pay for MOST of the time. As for parts you will need for the clutch change you will need to get a pilot bearing and throw out bearing. Check with the company you are buying from because most of the time they will include these two item. As for flywheel, just stick with the stock one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts