Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1989 turbo/targa/auto 82k and bpu
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long of it short, have an old vpc/safc laying around but missing ROM. I'm wanting to put in my 89 turbo/auto. Car is basically stock/bpu but solid, 82k, headstuds, everything resealed, supporting mods there or on hand, shift kit/aux trans cooler in place. Not my first rodeo, I know there are other options just trying to work with what I have. Will be adding 57 trim ct. Not going crazy just want to push 15-18psi for a bit more fun. Have lex afm I can use if this plan fails but trying to give it a go. Just like the alphabet soup nostalgia I guess... anyone have one or know someone that might???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check it out thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if your the guy I emailed...thanks for the hook up six pack! If I get this alphabet soup setup going I'll post some pics and results for nostalgia sake. I've got a lex afm laying around as well and may get bored enough with the whole quarantine bit to just try both setups to compare on the '89...hell if I dont get laid off and have some extra cash I might finally get the built '87 hardtop on megasquirt reworked again actually get it tuned and running right....only been sitting for 5 years since I redid everything and put the megasquirt in🙄

·
7M Fanatic
3,253 Posts
On the whole alphabet soup thing, pick up a GCC, or a Apex-i S-AFC, and an F-con, a EGC (timing control),
an AIC (additional injector controler), and what ever else they made.
You may end up with having to stack some of it under the hatch, as I doubt it will all under the dash.

Love those old early '90s electronics.

Interesting bit of trivia, the guy behind Apex-i electronics, used to work for HKS before breaking off, and starting his own company. That is why the S-AFC can be used with the VPC & F-con.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think with the modest power goals the safc and vpc will do. I'll keep an eye out for the fcon and etc. Have very little invested in this stuff is only reason I'm not going the det3 route. If it gets upward of $500 in old electronics I'd just go det3 or maybe add emanage to vpc. This car is a driver, it's on new stock head gasket with studs, if I can get to 400whp level I'll be happy. Still only gets maybe 1500 miles a year on it at most. I honestly like the auto and dont abuse it much so hoping itll hold up for awhile with shift kit and big cooler. Stay tuned, waiting on some odds and ends to show up and then time to do it. I may rob my IC pipes and big front mount and 550s from my '87 and go front facing intake on that car with bigger injectors and rework the fuel system on that one and use a big straight through IC I have laying around...I got all kinds of ideas and parts laying around, see how much time and motivation I can find.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,086 Posts

somehow I’ve kept this for 18 years after Mike Urbano (hopefully you know who that is) helped me hardwire a VPC to an 88 Turbo that I had owned in 2002. At the time I was using the 440cc ROM and he gave me this for if I ever went 550’s.

that magazine is just as old.... from July 2001, ha

·
Super Moderator
10,407 Posts
View attachment 250392
View attachment 250393

somehow I’ve kept this for 18 years after Mike Urbano (hopefully you know who that is) helped me hardwire a VPC to an 88 Turbo that I had owned in 2002. At the time I was using the 440cc ROM and he gave me this for if I ever went 550’s.

that magazine is just as old.... from July 2001, ha

Mark,

If the OP doesn't want it, and it's for sale, I'll take it off your hands. I have Sixpack's 550 cc ROM and it works fantastic, but I wouldn't mind adding this to my "just in case" stash and acquiring some Mike Urbano history at the same time.

Ken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think with the modest power goals the safc and vpc will do. I'll keep an eye out for the fcon and etc. Have very little invested in this stuff is only reason I'm not going the det3 route. If it gets upward of $500 in old electronics I'd just go det3 or maybe add emanage to vpc. This car is a driver, it's on new stock head gasket with studs, if I can get to 400whp level I'll be happy. Still only gets maybe 1500 miles a year on it at most. I honestly like the auto and dont abuse it much so hoping itll hold up for awhile with shift kit and big cooler. Stay tuned, waiting on some odds and ends to show up and then time to do it. I may rob my IC pipes and big front mount and 550s from my '87 and go front facing intake on that car with bigger injectors and rework the fuel system on that one and use a big straight through IC I have laying around...I got all kinds of ideas and parts laying around, see how much time and motivation I can find.
I have a FPCON and some Bosch 550s cleaned from the Boost Lab and possibly some other things laying around in my garage.

I can look around today after work if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Johnparker4 I'd definitely be interested. Let me know what you find and PM pricing.
Mark 2jz I'm currently waiting on six packs ROM in the mail, but thank you very much for the offer. If ken Henderson is wanting it send his way.
You guys are awesome! I've been away from here for awhile raising some youngins, building a house and finally a big shop with lift. With covid 19 clearing so much of my schedule for at least next few months I'm hoping to start tinkering with these mk3s again. Thanks again everyone, great to see such a tight community still exists for the 'historic' vehicles🤘

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Sixpack could you pm me or email? Ready to pull the trigger on the vpc rom and fcon rom as well! Just saw this thread again lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts