Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not compensating at all
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be the appropriate forum for this perticular inquiry... So here it goes. I am in search of the extremely hard to find OS Giken 6-speed crossmission. I would like to buy it used so I can take it apart and fiddle with it. If you know of a shop or someone having one sitting around (yeah right), please let me know. I would appreciate any help and would be forever in your debt.
 

·
Not compensating at all
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's somewhat rare... the gearset would be my second option. Appreciate any help really, thanks for looking.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,496 Posts
IStandalone said:
I thought this would be the appropriate forum for this perticular inquiry... So here it goes. I am in search of the extremely hard to find OS Giken 6-speed crossmission. I would like to buy it used so I can take it apart and fiddle with it. If you know of a shop or someone having one sitting around (yeah right), please let me know. I would appreciate any help and would be forever in your debt.
Don't know if this helps of if they still have it, but try contacting John Kuo, sales manager at SP Engineering (626) 333-5398 (USA). They had an OS Giken six-speed sequential that was installed in the shop R33 GT-R. It blew the first time it was lauched hard at the track (the motor makes 947 whp on boost alone). They may still have it and be able to work with you. Good luck.

Ken.
 

·
Not compensating at all
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KenHenderson said:
Don't know if this helps of if they still have it, but try contacting John Kuo, sales manager at SP Engineering (626) 333-5398 (USA). They had an OS Giken six-speed sequential that was installed in the shop R33 GT-R. It blew the first time it was lauched hard at the track (the motor makes 947 whp on boost alone). They may still have it and be able to work with you. Good luck.

Ken.

Ken... always a class act :bigthumb: Appreciate the help, is it a holinger box by any chance?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,496 Posts
IStandalone said:
Ken... always a class act :bigthumb: Appreciate the help, is it a holinger box by any chance?
Don't know. I'll check tomorrow and post up whatever I come up with. I'll do what I can to get you the details if they still have it.

Ken.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,496 Posts
IStandalone said:
Good looking out bro...
Sorry it took me a couple of days. The sequential tranny that was in SPE's R33 was the OS Giken. This was the tranny that was damaged the first time the car was launched hard. It was rebuilt and sold. The Holinger is what is in the car right now......quite a bit more expensive than the OS, but taking the abuse so far.

SiFreak, no, I'm black, but my college major, growing up in San Francisco and a couple of real close Asian friends have led me here and there.

Ken.
 

·
Not compensating at all
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries Ken... I appreciate the time. I'll continue my search.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top