Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MKIII gone; MKIII to come
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow MK3 owners, looks like I'm back and have it in for me. To make a long story short.... or shorter :bigok:

Girlfriend and I moved to Nevada here from Wisconsin. Her car is taking a shit on her so we ended up checking out a white 90 Supra NA Targa on a dealer lot. It was not my intention at all to get another MK3 any time soon. I initially stopped at the dealer to look at a 300Z. Z was auto, which my girlfriend didn't want. She's dedicated on getting another manual trans vehicle. Wanted something with more safety features and a lot better gas mileage (Corolla). She insisted on taking the Supra out due to the MT. Her ideas just went wild from there and fell in love with the car, it's potential, and what we could share together.
Z was perhaps in a lot better condition interior and engine wise, but I told her if anything went wrong with the Z, I wouldn't know how to tear it all down unlike the Supra. So yesterday on my birthday, we went back to the dealer and she signed all the papers for the Supra and is making it our project car and she's going to fund most of it. ...interior, engine, and exterior including new body kit and stance.
We are going NA-T on this car so I am skipping the rebuilding of the NA engine. So now with the extra money we saved by not getting a newer 06+ Corolla S, we can put a lot into this project.

Well anyway on with the project after we pick it up today. I'll be looking for a GTE motor and tranny and everything in between. Pics will be posted later. Oh, and if any of you guys live anywhere within 2 hours from the Reno area (Sacramento guys) and are willing to lend a hand in this project, we'll bring the beer, pizza, and food. I've left all my tools back home in WI for my family to utilize since I was not expecting to pick up another sport car soon.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
My wife wants to save up and get her own Supra. She's got her 06 Cobalt SS now.

I told her don't be mad when I start stealing parts off of it. lol

·
I gots deep pockets cuz
952 Posts
I hope you can put a whoopin on that colbalt

·
Registered
80 Posts
thats cool...wifey wants me 2 rebuild a parts supra i have laying around...no funds though ...just parting it out 2 make money for my project supra..

·
Registered
80 Posts
hahahah^^ thats hilarious...if i bought my girl a supra..most likley i would be the one driving it...she can prolly drive once in a while

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I bought it for her as a "3 year dating anniversary" surprise and still had my name on the title. I was going to switch it over in her name but something in side me held back. Boy was it liberating to toss the furry steering wheel cover and hello kitty seat cover. She liked that car, but I loved it haha...so much for her hahaha.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,578 Posts
I bought it for her as a "3 year dating anniversary" surprise and still had my name on the title. I was going to switch it over in her name but something in side me held back. Boy was it liberating to toss the furry steering wheel cover and hello kitty seat cover. She liked that car, but I loved it haha...so much for her hahaha.
haha you just made my week

·
MKIII gone; MKIII to come
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife wants to save up and get her own Supra. She's got her 06 Cobalt SS now.

I told her don't be mad when I start stealing parts off of it. lol
Just sabotage her Cobalt SS so she will have to make the decision to get the Supra. :naughty:
Anyway, it was an awesome sight to see the gf's Supra pull into the driveway after her workout this evening. I had to actually get up in excitement seeing a household Supra pull in all over again. Yay. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Just sabotage her Cobalt SS so she will have to make the decision to get the Supra. :naughty:
Anyway, it was an awesome sight to see the gf's Supra pull into the driveway after her workout this evening. I had to actually get up in excitement seeing a household Supra pull in all over again. Yay. :bigthumb:
Nah I'm good. I don't want to work on another one.

The Cobalt has a warranty and I love it. It just got new injectors and a Right-Front strut the other week under warranty.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That's hot, I just got a boner. :D

Nah I'm good. I don't want to work on another one.

The Cobalt has a warranty and I love it. It just got new injectors and a Right-Front strut the other week under warranty.
Free warranty parts FTW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts