Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I saw that ...wow, so many flips in all directions I lost count! And as of yesterday at race-end time, the driver was reported to be OK but being held in the hospital for observation just to make sure.

Here's a "stupid" question: why the hell would the track designers/management/officials etc allow such a sudden hump to exist in what could be a relatively common "run off" area? That is just irresponsible!!! If I was that team/driver, I'd have my lawyers hit them up ...not to sue for cash, but to fix that stupid problem for good and make sure it doesn't exist in other spots.

BTW,

Leh, congrats on your and team performance! You guys finished 7th I think, right?

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
I saw it too yesterday and was in total shock. I don't quite agree with the GTO driver's statement after the race. I think he drove too agressive and clip the M3 causing the car to ran out of the course. Good to see the driver seems ok.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
I don't think I'd consider that a "common" run off area. Its on the inside of a kink at the end of a straight away. I would imagine the only times someone would go there is in the case of catastrophic falure, or if they were pushed.

Doesn't mean there won't be a crew out there with shovels this week leveling it out...

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
AtlSupra said:
I saw it too yesterday and was in total shock. I don't quite agree with the GTO driver's statement after the race. I think he drove too agressive and clip the M3 causing the car to ran out of the course. Good to see the driver seems ok.
Yeah, I didn't agree with it either. There was one camera angle which, too me anyway, looked like he nailed him pretty good (in a get-the-hell-outta-my-way fashion). I understand it was coming down to the wire and that it wasn't his "intent" to send him airborne but damn...

Ryan

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Pretty amazing crash ~ seeing stuff like that really makes you think twice about safety and your car.

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we ended up 6th.... because of Joeys crash...

i started and the car was TERRIBLE..... during the pit stop we made a rear sway change.. and put rupper int he rear springs also..... an david got in...

but we got screwd on the wave by so we eveyrone infront of us was a lap up... so we just stayed in that possotion.....

sukd

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Now that I know he's basically OK, I got a kick out of reading the interview with the driver posted in haze24's link above. That young guy is a real trooper. I loved where he said "I got out of the hospital at about 1:00 in the morning and went straight to Steak 'n Shake and got myself a chocolate shake and a double Steak 'n Shake burger with fries and chili." :)

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
Now that I know he's basically OK, I got a kick out of reading the interview with the driver posted in haze24's link above. That young guy is a real trooper. I loved where he said "I got out of the hospital at about 1:00 in the morning and went straight to Steak 'n Shake and got myself a chocolate shake and a double Steak 'n Shake burger with fries and chili." :)

yuupp.... i ate at the same steak and shake on fri.. so it made me laff a little too

·
Registered
74 Posts
leh, which car did you drive? i was there running my car in the bmw club race. had quite an eventful w/e w/ tach dying and shock loosing pressure in sat race, and fuel cap spilling fuel all over so i had to pit in sun race... at least i ended up running decent laptimes times on sunday.

drew

G

·
Thats all new asphault this year so they may have some slick spots and such and im sure it still needs tweaking. I dont think Mid-ohio is SCCA anymore so they might need to do some modifing for the faster cars

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
drew,
I'm just answering since I'm here and can't resist ...I'm sure leh will elaborate. He drives one of the GT class GT3 Porsches as shown in this thread when they first got it: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332003

If you haven't seen some of his driving vids in this section, search them out.

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea.... actualy nick.. thats not the same car....

we sold that car because we didnt need it for the season... because i am driving with SYNERGY......

its this car.....

·
Evil Shenanigans
623 Posts
Yeah, I saw that video earlier today, VERY scary, very glad the driver is ok, just shows the safety of those cars.

And Leh, MAJOR congrats on your guys' finish, Mid-Ohio is an awesome course and one I hope to lap some day. How did the new asphalt feel?

·
Registered
74 Posts
cool saw that car - didn't know it was you guys, otherwise would've stopped by (and tried to get u to hook me up w/ a set of slicks lol - i only had old tires and wasn't fast enough hoosier wouldn't sell a set unless ur a grand am team). turned out that i had a bit of bad luck so tires wouldn't have helped me that much anyway.

a different question - if someone you know took that pic what lens / camera are they using. my wife goes w/ me to the track and takes a few pix but i think she probably needs a different lens to get the best car pics.

drew

1 - 20 of 26 Posts