Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if we were to connect these two together? Wouldn't that give increased cooling efficiency to the rear of the head? Would there be any downsides to this? All you would have to do is get a 3/4" metal "T" connector and a bit of hose to make it work. Give me some feedback!

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I don't see why not.
You are exposing more hose to more heat however. So, you might have more surface area to fail in the future. Use good silcone based hoses if you do this, and it should hold up pretty good. (Wrap them in thermal tape, or cover the hoses with sleve, and you would save the hoses too.)
Later and good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Both those two you refer to get the coolant from the same source, so in my opinion it is a waste of time... aight peace :chicken:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,329 Posts
No point you're hose is connected on the other side

Thats just where you would connect if you had a JDM engine.. (mine) since I forgot to block it before i put it in..

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
:stupid: on both accounts lol

a little off subject here but what did you use to do your valve covers? i have a paint i bought that says its perfect for valve covers and it looks exactly like that on the things ive painted so far with it...just wondering if its the same thing...if so good! im happy cause your VCs look badass :D

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i used duplicolor metalcast, which holds up quite well. My valve covers are real dirty though.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
SoupedUpSupra said:
i used duplicolor metalcast, which holds up quite well. My valve covers are real dirty though.
ahhh fuck yeah! thats same shit im using! ok im offically happy now! how did you prep the covers? right now the ones im planning on using are semi polished..so im gonna clean them up primer them and then use the blue color....hope the primer can withstand the heat?? or does it matter as long as the blue color holds?

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't use primer,i scuffed it up and i used duplicolor adhesion promoter, which seemed to work pretty good.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
that looks pretty nice. How long has that duplicolor lasted so far>?

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
If I am Correct, The Dupli color metalcast paint he is speaking of is Anodized blue, and can resist heat upto 600 degress, If I'm not mistaking, if you really want a cool look, get the high heat chrome, scuff the surface, paint it with the chrome, then the anodized blue, mmmmmmmmm what an awesome color.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey man ur missing a ground... did u pull it off or somethign?? mine has a ground from the motor to the firwall as for the valve cover they look sweet.. i dont kno about coolant situation but sound like a waste of time to me...

·
Registered
961 Posts
SoupedUpSupra said:
I used the same stuff on my NA's valve covers. I put a few more coats on though so it was a bit darker. It seems to last really well.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,086 Posts
On those two connections, if you came off one with a long heater hose, then mount a small transmission cooler down under the car, then return up to the other connection, that would add the extra cooling capacity you seek.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts