Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to some people on a different thread that lived in lafayette and the surrounding areas.. We should get together sometime... i just got my supra back from the engine rebuild... im sorting out some more problems right now. .. but the car is drivable.. needs a little body work too..

Does anyone in this area have some knowledge of mkIII's? I need some help trouble shooting... i think i have a bad o2 sensor... and i need some help with a cold start injector time switch...

later

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
hey i'm from up north in Elkhart, my supra is currently under a strip down and should be up and running in 2 weeks if i'm lucky.

yeah this summer we should all meet somewhere around indy and do something. we could meet up with the people from indycarz.com

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
89 silver supra NA 5spd. targa

it's currently having the engine rebuilt. i'm going to go work on it right now in fact.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha.. I just got my engine rebuilt on my 87 silver turbo targa... I have a bunch of starting problems right now.. .that i cant figure out... im going to the diagnostic machine tomorrow...

If any of you are going to be around lafayette any time soon.. .feel free to stop by and help me out...

this summer... or when the snow is gone, we will all get together and have a meet or something...

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
hmm layfette is pretty far, i'm from up north in Elkhart. maybe this summer we can all meet in Indy, kinda both drive half way.

yeah i ordered some piston rings, i was hoping they would come today but they didn't so i have to wait till monday for the next shipment, 3 days is a long time to wait

·
Token Black Fry
364 Posts
my engine is fianlly back together, runs extremely smooth, only problem is my tranny is out of lube, and the plug is stuck. so i can't shift until that is lubed up. damn eveything was going so good for a while there.

G

·
82 P-Type, Indianapolis

The pic above is about a 1 1/2 years old. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it from my uncle (this is my first car) so I just had some cheap body work/paintjob/maintainance done to it to make it presentable. Rust is startin' to show through again though :( Don't see many supras here in Indy. I've only seen about 3-4. Hard to find some in decent condition as well... I'll probably end up sellin' this in the spring before I go off to college.

Probably just as well, it's a dangerous (fun?) car in the winter/rain :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well i have a 1990 Supra Silver Turbo Targa, i live in Boonville, Indiana. But I will be moving January 17th to Arkansas but im sure i can visit and have a meet sometime in the summer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just spotted a wingless black mkiv on Purdue campus again! I guess this guy goes to school here. License plate "SUPRA" but I don't think it's a Indiana plate. Saw it at night.

WHO ARE YOU?????????

·
Supra { bhg: true }
376 Posts
I'm from Marion...got a white 89 Turbo. Pretty much stock except for a K&N FIPK and MBC. I'm a college student and can't afford crap, so my supra projects are coming along REALLY slow! I'd love to see your supes though!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey I have a friend that lives up in Fort Wayne. We went there for a little bit and my friend got a tattoo at Studio 13 cuz we know a guy that works there. Ever heard of that place?

1 - 20 of 472 Posts