Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im doing the install just like mkiv tech article says, however, can anyone tell me how to find a 12v instrument panel lighting wire. My wires for the cigarette lighter are white and green (assuming negative), and green and orange (assuming positve), ive switched both so I know for some reason its not strong enough to run the gauges (they work b/c i hooked them directly up to the battery, can anytell me another place to try??? My dash is in 100 pieces and I really need to put it back together as soon as possible, any help appreciated!!

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Are you using the mkiv.com tech article? It walks you right thru it. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/Indiglo_gauge/index.html

If you have a multi-meter I would make sure which gets the 12v switched when the lights are on just to double check. If that doesn't work, you might try the ashtray light wire. I used the one at the cigarette lighter light w/o any problems tho. Good luck!

·
In The Sonoran Desert
439 Posts
i used one of the wires leading to the dimmer switch. Don't know which but that's what multimeters are for

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, for some reason when i was splicing the wires they werent getting a good connection, i finally found which wire it was, however, after finally finishing up and reinstalling all the panels, i knocked the wire loose and ahve to take everything apart, what fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts