Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
rockin' the JDM duct tape
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running one of these? opinions? and where does it connect to the exhaust, i.e., can you use a regular rmm-style downpipe?

dan

I

·
0 Posts
I'm running one :) (I'll have some other customers jump on here to give non-biased feeback too)...

Our kit is desinged to work with any downpipe (including stock) that would work with the stock twins... so yes, an RMM would be perfect, that's what I run... we use the HKS GT wastegate and route the discharge back into the midpipe... you can find pictures and more details at http://inductionmotorsports.com/index.html?manifold.html

thanks!

I

·
0 Posts
How much RWHP would this turbo kit pout out at full boost on race gas ? Is it streetable ? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
I should have my kit soon hopefully and I will report how it works out. Jeff has been very good so far.

-Russ T
97 T6

·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about an intake pipe to fit the stock MAF? i don't need a 700hp car and hence don't care about a tubular manifold. i just want to bump up from BPU, and if i could keep my downpipe and stock maf, i'd prefer this kit to the SP budget kit that uses the stock manifold.

I

·
0 Posts
we build each kit to order, so you could order it without the turbo (though you'll be hard pressed to beat our turbo pricing :) ), or with a different size downpipe. I don't want to get "smacked" for advertising on the forums, so feel free to check out the website and email me directly with any questions or comments.

oh, and the kit is 100% streetable, that's the whole point of going with the cast manifold. 95% of the power potential, more reliability, way less underhood heat, and a much simpler installation. the fact that its cheaper than a header-based kit is just an added benefit, not the primary motivator.

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
i am one of the satisfied customers of the induction kit. jeff is one of the most customer service oriented people i have met, and being the in the service industry, thats alot to say. the kit is awesome, and i couldnt be happier. kinda sucks because i finally got it installed, and now its time to put the car away :) the kit is very streetable in my opinion. i have the pt67 on the car right now, and i actually get boost sooner than with the stock twins in ttc mode. the car ran 12.00 @127 on street tires a few weeks ago, with less than ideal track conditions. i cant say enough about the amount of service given from induction motorsports. having dealt with other supra tuners who could care less what happened, it was a nice change to have someone answering any questions i had. if you happen to be close to nebraska, i would also recommend the tuning services of induction motorsports for your car.

kevin

·
Registered
346 Posts
supersubee said:
i actually get boost sooner than with the stock twins in ttc mode. the car ran 12.00 @127 on street tires a few weeks ago, with less than ideal track conditions.

kevin
That's pretty nuts!! That may be the fastest street tire supra et that Ive seen. I'm currently talking with jeff and will most likely be going with this kit.
Tony

·
Registered
59 Posts
now if only we had a track worth a damn here in nebraska, i might have made a better pass. that was with a 2.2sec 60ft time also, not even anything that special. coupled with a car that hasnt been tuned totally and i expect alot out of it next year... i'm a street tire kinda guy, and dont plan to race with slicks. this is my street car, not drag car. therefore, if it runs street tires everyday, thats whats on it at the track.

believe me, you wont be upset if you purchase the IM kit, its worth it everytime you hit the gas :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I too have the Induction Motorsports kit from Jeff. The craftmanship is top notch and highly recommend this kit for many reasons. Jeff his self is very professional and knowledgeable and can assist you in any question you might have. The turnaround time of actual building of the kit was outstanding. I have not yet installed my pt67 induction kit, but ill post some info as things happen. Thanks again Jeff

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
how much is the fuel kit from there? no price is listed on the website

Brett

I

·
0 Posts
sorry, i'll get the pricing info up on the site today... thanks for asking!

the fuel system is $1750 with 780cc injectors and no pumps... add $100 for each Walbro GSS341 pump that you want (some people don't need any so we don't automatically include them)... also, add $30 to upgrade from 780cc injectors to 880cc injectors and $60 to upgrade to 1000cc injectors...

also, we finally got a pic of the complete turbo kit including the intake piping, gaskets, fasteners, etc...

thanks,
Jeff

I

·
0 Posts
we did a local car with our kit and an SC61 that hit 450rwhp on pump gas (and stock ECU and MAF) at around 19psi but the stock 90k mile clutch was slipping horribly... the car has a new clutch now, but we haven't gotten it back on our dyno yet to see what kind of power it will really make... i will say that the spool was unbelievable! we had boost at like 2750 and full boost by around 3400... the car is very fun to drive on the street, WAY better than stock twins in TTC mode...

·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Induction Motorsports said:
we did a local car with our kit and an SC61 that hit 450rwhp on pump gas (and stock ECU and MAF) at around 19psi but the stock 90k mile clutch was slipping horribly... the car has a new clutch now, but we haven't gotten it back on our dyno yet to see what kind of power it will really make... i will say that the spool was unbelievable! we had boost at like 2750 and full boost by around 3400... the car is very fun to drive on the street, WAY better than stock twins in TTC mode...
what's an SC61 and what a/r was that?

dan

1 - 20 of 67 Posts