Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I made it to the dyno today. Things went well. My car is completely stock except for exhaust and the Induction Motorsports single kit with a .68AR PTE67 P-trim. Boost is controlled by an old school Profec B.

Here is our results...numbers are SAE corrected. Temps were around 75F ambient.

Dyno Runs

No type of fuel controll for now.. stock everything.

I ran the runs about 10 mins apart with just a air blower to cool things off...no ice.. no N20 fogging the intercooler.. nothing crazy.

I have some video footage I'll link up when we get it edited down and small enough for down loads. That may be a few days.. it depends.

Anyway... overall I am VERY happy with my results. The car makes on average 17hp per psi added. Extrapolated out I "should" make in the 580hp range at 26psi if the stock IC didn't blow apart :) Keep in mind that a FMIC and something to eliminate the MAF would really bump the numbers up... as well as some fuel control.

FMIC and other mods are a ways off... For now I'm happy until the wallet can sustain another hit!

-Russ T
97 T6

·
dank
409 Posts
:eek:

Those numbers are great. Wow... stock intercooler, fuel, MAF, etc... Amazing. I love these cars. I'd be willing to bet you could tickle the 500 rwhp range with some C16 on your current setup, but I'm positive that a fuel controller could get you there more quickly and safely.

Keep up the great work! :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
with or without cats? Is this the same kit that let's you pop in your stock catalytic converters if you need to?

BFC said:
Hello everyone,

I made it to the dyno today. Things went well. My car is completely stock except for exhaust and the Induction Motorsports single kit with a PT67. Boost is controlled by an old school Profec B.

Here is our results...numbers are SAE corrected. Temps were around 75F ambient.

No type of fuel controll for now.. stock everything.

I ran the runs about 10 mins apart with just a air blower to cool things off...no ice.. no N20 fogging the intercooler.. nothing crazy.

I have some video footage I'll link up when we get it edited down and small enough for down loads. That may be a few days.. it depends.

Anyway... overall I am VERY happy with my results. The car makes on average 17hp per psi added. Extrapolated out I "should" make in the 580hp range at 26psi if the stock IC didn't blow apart :) Keep in mind that a FMIC and something to eliminate the MAF would really bump the numbers up... as well as some fuel control.

FMIC and other mods are a ways off... For now I'm happy until the wallet can sustain another hit!

-Russ T
97 T6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Induction Motorsports w/ PT67

SupraSol said:
Is this the same kit that let's you pop in your stock catalytic converters if you need to?
Our kit will work with any downpipe that works with the stock turbos -- RMM, Random Tech (w/cat), stock downpipe (w/cat), etc.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Induction Motorsports w/ PT67

Induction Motorsports said:
Our kit will work with any downpipe that works with the stock turbos -- RMM, Random Tech (w/cat), stock downpipe (w/cat), etc.
Jeff how is the new batch of IM single kits coming along???

I can hardly wait for mine to arrive at HorsePowerFreaks TorqueFreaks shop.

Thanks BFC for posting your info. How does it feel when you drive it compared to the stock twin turbos, butt feel I mean??? Were you using pump gas???

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You would probably gain at least 15-20 RWHP by leaning out your AFR alone, nevermind the stock MAF and SMIC! Great curves, that turbo has a very streetable powerband. You should make around 600 RWHP at 26 psi with VPC, fuel computer, FMIC and full exhaust/intake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim, the pie is in the oven! (translation: your turbo is here, your midpipe is built, the manifold is modified... we just need to build your intake tube and get everything coated... taking out a few days for the holidays we are still looking to be right on schedule)

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
bfc , what 67 are you using? p-trim or gtq and what exhaust housing are you using? a .68 a/r ?

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Induction Motorsports said:
Jim, the pie is in the oven! (translation: your turbo is here, your midpipe is built, the manifold is modified... we just need to build your intake tube and get everything coated... taking out a few days for the holidays we are still looking to be right on schedule)
Sounds super Jeff. I will be anxiously awaiting the time when it is all finished...haha...

Enjoy the holidays Jeff and that goes for all the rest of you Supra folks here on the forums...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
93HRDTOPTT said:
bfc , what 67 are you using? p-trim or gtq and what exhaust housing are you using? a .68 a/r ?
.68 AR PTE 67 P-trim.

I updated the details to include this.

-Russ T
97 T6

·
rockin' the JDM duct tape
521 Posts
you should think about doing the 12v mod on your fuel pump! that's a great dyno. if i ever get some money together...

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,012 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
You would probably gain at least 15-20 RWHP by leaning out your AFR alone, nevermind the stock MAF and SMIC! Great curves, that turbo has a very streetable powerband. You should make around 600 RWHP at 26 psi with VPC, fuel computer, FMIC and full exhaust/intake.
And fuel!!

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Any driving "stories" yet? Hows drivablity as compared to the stock twins at say 13lbs does it feel stronger than 16-18 on the stock twins and hows boost control?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
93HRDTOPTT said:
Any driving "stories" yet? Hows drivablity as compared to the stock twins at say 13lbs does it feel stronger than 16-18 on the stock twins and hows boost control?
I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly. I have owned the car since 2000 and there is no question that it is faster at all boost levels compared to the stock twins.

I don't know of anyone putting down 477 at 20psi on the stock twins with out having a FMIC and something to tune fuel and eliminate the MAF with.

Remember this is with no other parts except full exhaust on the car.. it has stock ECU, stock fuel, stock SMIC, stock IC pipes, stock ignition with NGK 3330's @ ~.25 gap, no under drive pulleys, stock radiator fan, all accessories connected to the serpentine belt, no icing of the SMIC, no ice on the intake manifold, no gerbiles helping the dyno wheels spin up...

I hope I have comunicated clearly that the car is almost stock except the turbo..... :)

Again.. it's clearly much faster than the stock twins at all boost levels.... very happy with this setup.

-Russ T
97 T6

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
I'm sorry BFC. i ment at 13lbs on the pt67 how does it feel in relation to the stock twins at __lbs of boost? When i say "stories" i mean have you had any experiances with cars you could not beat before being suprised you tore them a new a$$?

were you running out of fuel at 20psi? did it look like a safe level of boost to run on the street?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not a bad looking graph.... what would the price of that kit be with a turbo like a T-61...(SP57)...?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
93HRDTOPTT said:
I'm sorry BFC. i ment at 13lbs on the pt67 how does it feel in relation to the stock twins at __lbs of boost? When i say "stories" i mean have you had any experiances with cars you could not beat before being suprised you tore them a new a$$?

were you running out of fuel at 20psi? did it look like a safe level of boost to run on the street?
At 13psi it is much quicker than it was on the stock twins at 13psi. I would have to say 13psi on the PTE67 is about equal to 15-16psi on the stock twins.

As far as beating cars that I could not beat before... Well.. I can honestly say I have never ran into a car on the street that I didn't show my plate to. I don't want this thread to deteriate into a bench racing thread either so...Let's just say it was a strong running car for a straight BPU setup. I'm weight conscious....It weighs in at 3360 right now with 1/4 tank of fuel.

As for fuel... look at the graphs.. the AFR is listed for all the pulls. They are a bit mixed together but if you try you can pick out the runs. At 20psi I was just hitting 11.1 AFR at 6700ish RPM. Probably had 1 or 2 psi (best guess) left before I ran out of fuel. These are 4th gear pulls on a dyno though... I wouldn't want to do a 5th gear pull at 22psi on the stock fuel. I feel 20psi is fine on good fuel (not 93 octane) for the setup I have currently. I plan to run alcohol injection for my "fuel system" and will likely post some results when that happens. That's going to take more than a year unfortunately :(

Hopefully this answers your questions.... I feel this is about as good as you can do (within 25hp at least) with the stock fuel system and not be risking anything. I don't count a raised base fuel pressure a "stock" fuel system either for the folks that say 600 can be had :)

Also note the octane used for each run. I wouldn't run more than 15psi on 93 octane unless you have a AEM or something to control timming. Some folks get away with 16-18psi on 93... but on the stock ECU I think your losing some timming at those levels and that means detonation. If you ran some alcohol then it's another story....

as always.. YMMV and this is all IMHO

-Russ T
97 T6

1 - 20 of 47 Posts