Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I tried to search on this but most of what I found was boost per gear. I plan to fully research this to the limit of researching it but for now I'm just trying to buy the right parts and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'll be using an infinity with my setup.

At least for now, I do not plan to run boost per gear but I would like to leave that option on the table in the future.

I was hoping to have at least 2 boost levels. Wastegate spring pressure (13psi) and high boost 23-25psi. With the high boost setting I also want to run methanol injection. In my ideal world, I have this on nothing more complicated then a switch. I think the infinity can control the bcs via signal from a toggle switch but maybe it's not actually a boost control switch but a map switching switch...switch.

How would you guys recommend is the best way to go about doing this? Can I do this on the fly or is it something I have to shut the car off to reload a new map? Can you tell the ecu to switch maps based on this switch or do I have to plug a laptop into it?

Should I worry about this through the infinity at all or just buy a separate boost controller and be done with it? I know the methanol kits also come with a controller that can likely spray based on psi.

There just seems to be many ways to go about this and I'm not sure which is best. So what would you recommend is best, why and what parts are needed for your strategy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
You can set an axis on your boost target table1 or table2 to use "ModeSwitch." Aem sells a 12 position trim pot that you can wire in to work with the mode switch settings. You don't have to use their switch but might as well. You'll be able to set different boost targets depending on position of the switch. You don't have to shut the car off, just change the position of the switch according to the boost target you want to use. You won't need all 12 positions in the switch (unless you want 12 different boost targets for some reason), but you can assign other positions to adjust different features. For example, position 1 could be set for 18psi target, traction control high slip target. Position 2 could be 18psi target, traction control low slip target, Position 3 is 22psi boost target...etc.

There are likely many ways to go about this, but the example I gave should be pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thank you. So in your example. I would only need the 12 position trim pot and the aem bcs? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yes exactly. And just buy the mac 3 port 12v solenoid, you don't need the 'aem' specific branded one. Same thing, just rebadged. It's like $30-35.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, well i was kind of thinking that, but last time I asked that about the fuel pressure sensors I got shit on for being so cheap. So I was probably going to buy the mac valve but at least on here pretend I'm buying the aem one so I don't get narked on.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
haha, well i was kind of thinking that, but last time I asked that about the fuel pressure sensors I got shit on for being so cheap. So I was probably going to buy the mac valve but at least on here pretend I'm buying the aem one so I don't get narked on.
Big difference there...the mac is the exact same in this case.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, 10.4 thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts