Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering to buy an Infinity FX 35, and also planing on putting a twin turbo kit on it. what is the pros and cons with this car and what years are better than others?

Appreciate all input both good and bad.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Very good cars. A friend of mine has a black FX35 with leather and navigation etc...

They do not feel all that heavy for an SUV, good power, and Looks are personal taste ( I like them ).

You can also share some of the Z/G35 parts with it.

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's for the input, i like that you can interchange some engine parts from the Z it makes it easier to find turbo info and turbo kits. Does anybody know if the are running the same ECU?

Viking.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Yeah I only heard good things about the Infiniti FX.

And I would ASSUME they use the same ECU as it is still the VQ35, though im sure they are tuned differently.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
"This thing is slow" - words from my wife...

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Con - It looks like an egg

Pro - If you actually built a TT one, that would be one helluva sleeper! No one suspects the egg.....

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
flash_e_gt said:
"This thing is slow" - words from my wife...
"Powered by a 315-hp version of the 4.5-liter Q45 V-8, coupled to a five-speed automatic transmission with obedient manumatic override, the FX45 rushes to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 15 seconds flat at 93 mph. That makes the FX45 the quickest production SUV we've tested since the long-dead GMC Typhoon. The FX45 is even able to show its fat tailpipes to the BMW X5 4.6is and Mercedes ML55 AMG (6.5 seconds each)."

In fact, we're surprised at how closely the performance of the FX35's chassis mimics the 45's, despite less rubber. Although peak grip is down 0.07 g, the sharp steering and the athletic moves remain. So does the larger FX's hard ride. You'll feel every zit in the pavement, and even the shallowest speed bump will have you rocking and rolling. Infiniti calls the FX the sports car of SUVs, and the taut suspension does not belie that claim.

C&D > your wifes opinion.

Here are some black and white #'s for you.
Displacement: 213 cu in, 3498cc
Power (SAE net): 280 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 270 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Transmission: 5-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Wheelbase: 112.2 in
Length: 189.1 in
Curb weight: 4100 lb
Zero to 60 mph: 7.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 19.1 sec
Zero to 120 mph: 39.1 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 7.2 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 15.5 sec @ 91 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 137 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 181 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.80 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 17 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 17 mpg

I knew all this when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. The FX35 beats the 4.4L X5 in EVERY way :bigthumb: . I'm so pleased with Infiniti besides the problems on my coupe that i'm trading in my Coupe for the 07 Sedan.

·
456 Posts
I wouldn't get black/black cause that thing fucking bakes you alive. But then again the same could be said to any black/black car. The car feels stiff and sporty the power isn't that great on the stock FX35. My aunt has one and it's been to the dealership multiple times mainly for a problem with the window. It still has that problem and she just gave up on it. I guess it's a bad batch or something

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
viking said:
and also planing on putting a twin turbo kit on it.
Nothing to add, but a good street turbo pkg. will add loads of torque which combined with the vehicle's prodigious mass --> lots of transmission loads. Are there proven automatic trans. upgrades for the FX?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
PaKmaN said:
"Powered by a 315-hp version of the 4.5-liter Q45 V-8, coupled to a five-speed automatic transmission with obedient manumatic override, the FX45 rushes to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 15 seconds flat at 93 mph. That makes the FX45 the quickest production SUV we've tested since the long-dead GMC Typhoon. The FX45 is even able to show its fat tailpipes to the BMW X5 4.6is and Mercedes ML55 AMG (6.5 seconds each)."
He asked about the -35, this is a writeup on the -45

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
talltrini10 said:
He asked about the -35, this is a writeup on the -45
The reason I added that in there is because of the supporting paragraph on the bottom. The first paragraph explains how well the performance is on the 45 and the second paragraph explains how close the performance is between the 35 and 45.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
STAGED said:
Nothing to add, but a good street turbo pkg. will add loads of torque which combined with the vehicle's prodigious mass --> lots of transmission loads. Are there proven automatic trans. upgrades for the FX?
It's proven the Automatic trans. for the VQ35's can hold up to 600rwhp range.

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. Someone wrote that the ECU's are not the same but are they interchangeable or will an upgraded ECU for an Z350 work?

Thank's.

Viking.

·
Banned
612 Posts
anything involved with DUB magazine cant be good..

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
PaKmaN said:
I knew all this when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. The FX35 beats the 4.4L X5 in EVERY way :bigthumb:
are you even old enough to have acrued and payed off enough debt to finance a car? you've been 18 for 9 months, even note lots wouldn't take you with a cosigner...

and i'm not trying to poke fun either, i honestly want to know because apparently you've figured out how to finance an FX35 without having had a (good) full time job for a year, a decent credit score and possibly without a co-signer. :dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts