Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a shot in the dark and posting this up here.

Looking for a late 60's Mustang as a long term project, but over here they go for stupid prices and are pretty rare.

I've been told by a few people now the best option is to find one in the states and have it brought over in a crate.

Wondering if anyone here is into the old stangs and would be able to give me a hand finding info? Like how much a Fastback or Convertible would cost either in running condition, or as a rolling shell. Also if anyone has good info on companies to use for exporting in a container.

Thanks for any help.

Dan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you are going to have to spend an ass load of your own money
if i was you just look on craigs list

dont tell the buyer where you are from
flyout to see the car and if you like it pay cash

getting it out of the country is no problem
just have to talk to a shipping freight company

the 2 main (and i think only sea ports) in california are in Long Beach (LA area)
and Oakland (Northen California)
California and Arizona is your best bet to buy mustangs with little to no rust

Max

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did a quick search and found 5 cars, all of which were in relatively good condition, but were also commanding prices of AU$40,000+.

I've been told that generally the cost of buying a Mustang in the US and importing it to Aus in a container totals around the AU$4,000 mark, so a huge difference, definately worth the investment of time. I'm only looking for a rolling shell afterall.

Dan.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha nah I'm good :p No intention of getting rid of the Supra, but I'll be doing a lot more myself with the mustang than I have with the Supra. The Supra is my only car so when it's off the road it needs to be fixed quick, so I send it to a workshop, while the stang can sit off the road for a long time and not matter.

Also I think I'll keep the stang LHD, so it wont be practical to daily drive anyway.

Dan.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Well I did a quick search and found 5 cars, all of which were in relatively good condition, but were also commanding prices of AU$40,000+.

I've been told that generally the cost of buying a Mustang in the US and importing it to Aus in a container totals around the AU$4,000 mark, so a huge difference, definately worth the investment of time. I'm only looking for a rolling shell afterall.

Dan.
A decent mustang will cost 15k+ and fastbacks command a premium. 4k isn't gonna cut it.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A decent mustang will cost 15k+ and fastbacks command a premium. 4k isn't gonna cut it.
As I said, only looking for a rolling shell with a relatively straight body and little rust, probably go with a convertible at this stage. No desire for an awesome condition running car.

Dan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts