Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Velocity Racing is installing a Garrett 2530 DBB turbo on my '06 GSXR 1000 and I was wondering if anybody knew the specs on this turbo? I've been all through the net and cant find much info...

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Garrett does offer the GT2530, HKS just buys them and modifies them with thier customized CHRA, and wheels.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
EvoRecordSetter said:
thats funny your having someone install a turbo you know nothing about on your bike! good luck with that one. :\

It's Johnny, he buys things that he thinks will impress people, he doesn't buy things to use them. That bike will do nothing but sit in his parents garage.

Learn to ride a bike before you go riceboy and turbo a liter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bad SP77 said:
Velocity Racing is installing a Garrett 2530 DBB turbo on my '06 GSXR 1000 and I was wondering if anybody knew the specs on this turbo? I've been all through the net and cant find much info...
What supporting mods are being done with your motor ?
Ashame your throwing all that money away for them to install it. It isnt that hard to do one of there stage 1 kits.

G

·
Bad SP77 said:
Very commonly used in twin form on RB26DETT GTR engines. Flow rated to 320-350hp each. Good spool relative to power. 2 will spool to 1.4bar by 4000rpm on a stock 2.6 engine.

They are no longer in production but there's plenty kicking about.

·
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I posted about this looking for a little info and got all types of responses. It seems that this turbo is a few years old since nobody currently stocks it. Evo RecordSetter: I merely asked for info on this turbo because I just dropped the bike off in Kentucky at Velocity Racing and I was told that this turbo performed better than the standard turbo I was going to buy which was a Garrett T3/T4 I believe. Once I left the shop I was eager to see what the specs were with this DBB Turbo. Craig king, this is the "Nothing but Bikes Section", correct? AZmkiii, my names not Johnny and I haven't lived with my parents in 15 years and for the record I've owned a couple of nitrous and stroker motored motorcycles so the turbo won't be anything special you ignorant bastard. BusaPro, the motor is entirely stock with only 400 miles on it but I have plans to install Falicon Rods, turbo pistons and heavy duty valve springs over the Winter. This is the reason I already opted for the external wastegate and DBB turbo so I'll be set. I don't have the time but I do have the money for them to install it so thats the reason for my laziness. Thanks for the info Z07, Supratt85, Worm and Nick 95 6spd.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
It's amazing what people respond with when they don't even know you or what your about! :wtflol:

vnt (A friend of Gary's/BAD SP77)

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
vntperformance said:
It's amazing what people respond with when they don't even know you or what your about! :wtflol:

vnt (A friend of Gary's/BAD SP77)
Yeah that was funny. So what if he wants to buy it and let it rot in his garage? Hes not on here bitching about how you spend your money. :scratch:

G

·
Worm said:
That's probably as close as you'll get to maps for the GT2530. Did Garrett actually make GT2530s or are they a HKS aftermarket job? I thought they were a HKS job which explains the absence of maps.

BAD SP77 - Found this too:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tbroom/Turbos.htm

The GT2530 compressor is a T3 63 trim. This is the map for a T3 60 trim, which is close.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good luck with it all if you ever need anything let me know i can get you a good price on parts if you like. Me my self would buy the Carrilo or the Crower rods. Good Luck with the bike. Me and Berry dont see eye to eye on things but he knows his stuff but just stay on his ass if you get Dicked around. Ifd you do get pistons let me know i'll have John and J&E set you up with the custom set im running if intreasted PM me about more info dont buy rods untill ya talk to me :bigok:

·
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the backing Val/Worm... ZO7, thanks for the very helpful information. I'm looking forward to reading what you've provided. I'm getting fairly close to receiving the bike back from Velocity and I'm eager to get to the track for a few shakedown runs. The bike is projected to be in the 8.50 @ 165 mph range so it will probably be a handful... BusaPro, I'm with you on the rods... I've always used Carillos but Barry insists on the Falicons. The turbo pistons I'll be needing this winter also along with heavy duty valve springs and a lockup clutch. I'll get with you then...

·
Registered
32 Posts
the motor is entirely stock with only 400 miles on it but I have plans to install Falicon Rods, turbo pistons and heavy duty valve springs over the Winter. This is the reason I already opted for the external wastegate and DBB turbo so I'll be set. I don't have the time but I do have the money for them to install it so thats the reason for my laziness. Thanks for the info Z07, Supratt85, Worm and Nick 95 6spd.
do you plan on reving above the stock redline? i dont understand why you would upgrade the valve springs for a turbo bike. i understand building the bottom end, so it can handle the boost, but putting valve springs makes me wonder.

good luck with it, let us know when its done, and how things go.

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
the 2530(HKS) is a common garrett turbo. Known as the GT28RS (aka disco potatoe) commonly used in twin configurations, and single configuration on some 4 cyl(sr20, etc)

·
Registered
222 Posts
do you plan on reving above the stock redline? i dont understand why you would upgrade the valve springs for a turbo bike. i understand building the bottom end, so it can handle the boost, but putting valve springs makes me wonder.

good luck with it, let us know when its done, and how things go.
Stock springs are weak and with a turbo you need around 65+ seat pressure depending on the set up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts