Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· jUtn
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Ive been looking at MK2s and got some Qs. Sorry if theres threads about them already ,but im thinking about trading my G+money for a MK2 or MK1. My questions are

How much do you pay for full coverage ?
How much for Registration (CA)
Any problems with the MK2s ? like with G35s theres the infamous axle click on autos

thanks

· (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,165 Posts
I recently just got a quote through 21st.com, $1200 for 6 months of full coverage. Kinda meh considering I'll be 28 next year and I haven't gotten a ticket in 4 years.

Cali reg, no idea, check with your states dmv site.

Mk2s are notorious for rusting out, check under the battery, in the tire wells, etc Also the motors like to pee pee oil on the top end. It's just how the head was designed, the cam towers get a little loose and oil starts pooling in the spark plug valley.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Tanya, another other mechanical issues? Do they like to bhg like 7m's? lol

This'll prolly make ya happy, I might be getting a MK2 soon. (will have mk2 and mk3 then)

· (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,165 Posts
All inline 6 engines are prone to BHGs, some more than others. The 5Ms were also under torqued from the factory, same with the 7M, and they do blow head gaskets when not cared for properly. All M engines should be 70+ ft/lbs on the head bolts, the factory 50 ft/lbs is too weak.

· jUtn
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently just got a quote through 21st.com, $1200 for 6 months of full coverage. Kinda meh considering I'll be 28 next year and I haven't gotten a ticket in 4 years.

Cali reg, no idea, check with your states dmv site.

Mk2s are notorious for rusting out, check under the battery, in the tire wells, etc Also the motors like to pee pee oil on the top end. It's just how the head was designed, the cam towers get a little loose and oil starts pooling in the spark plug valley.
thanks for the info :bigok: thisis why i like supraforums better :D

· The anti-muppet
659 Posts
IMO if your gonna get a mkii get yourself a 85 or 86, hands down the best options on those. Seeing as your in Socal you shouldnt have a problem finding a rust free mkii out here.

· (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,165 Posts
thanks for the info :bigok: thisis why i like supraforums better :D
nah celicasupra.com > supraforums.com on mk2 info. See, it took 4 days for you to get one response here... you would have gotten a reply within an hour on celicasupra.com and a bunch more replies...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.