Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mk3 questions
hay any info will be welcome. as of right know all i have done is a walbro pump 255. s-afc2, 3inch down pipe back. stock turbo some homemade looking boost controler one of my boys gave but is dowing the job. running 10psi average. converted to stick. still useing auto ecu and rear end. played with timing hear and there at about 15 degrees right know still playing with it. some half ass intercooler pipeing i put together. largest pte intercooler i could find. i only got to make one run at the track a few nights ago. it was a 14.8 i was kinde dissapointed. any one know if thats about right for what i have done? any ideas on were my timing would be best at 10psi? is it true that my ecu makes up for my afc settings after a while? should i switch to a stick ecu? should i change my rear end to a stick? any ideas on base settings for my afc?i have next to my bed a 62-1 i plan on installing soon. but i have another engine i wante to build for it. any info any one can help with will be appriciated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
nay problems hookin up? read the thread on launching, its really help full has some good tips. mmm you should be running faster then that, i agree, the stick ECu should make a difference since engine loads are different when you ahve gears the ecu doesnt know about. I dont know about the timing, i've not yet messed with the timing, hope this helps.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Definately need to swap to the 5spd Ecu. As far as the differential, auto and manuals were all the same, they just changed depending on year and turbo or non turbo. If your car started as a turbo it'll either be a 3.901:1 or a 3.73:1 per 87-88 or 89-92. Make sure you don't have any boost leaks either, and I'd reset the timing to stock spec. If you're taking away fuel with the s-afc, you're already advancing timing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS alot for the info guys. ya im going on the hunt for an ecu today. my buddy has a home made leak down tester for intercooler pipeing i think ill run threw one more time just incase. ya my hook up at the line wasent all that great. did a simple burnout im on street tires just to heatem up a littil. got on the line launched on last yellow at about 3k rpm trying not to spin. had a lot of wheel hop. dident get a chance for another run i was going to go higher in rpm on the launch in hope of less hop but i guess ill wait till next time. as far as the afc and time im a littil lost. yes at first i was removing fuel to cheat boost but after fixing a boost leak or two and installing the big front mount i noticed my boost cut kinde of whent away. so i added fuel just out of curiousity and still dident hit boost cut. i was going to buy a wide band this week but some ones got a avcr for sale mad cheap so im jumping on that first. but im dieing to have the wide band so i can really tune my setup. whats safest boost i should push on stock turbo? will a fpr help at all? thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts