Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i currently have a BPU'ed supra and am thinking about adding nitrous. What do i need (necessary) and what other things are recommended. For example, should i get a bottle heater/gauge? I also want to get a purge kit... is this hard to install yourself? I'm currently running NGK 3330's, but if i were to get nitrous, should i switch plugs (and if so, to what) because i remember platinum tipped plugs not working well with n20. (or something like that) Anyways, i would be running a 50-65 shot, but i'm not too sure how i'd like to control it. Ideally, i'd like to have an "arming" switch (on/off) and then also have a switch that makes the n20 stop at a certain RPM (is that possible?) In addition to that, i would probably like the nitrous to come on when i am going WOT. How do you set all that up? Also, what are the do's and don't of squeezing? (When it's safe, and when not to) Thanks.

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Yes, all possible.

That's all possible.

All of the major brands (NOS, NX, etc) all have window switches, turbo pressure switches, purge kits, bottle heaters, remote openers, gauges, lines, etc.

Just call up a dealer and ask! :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 50-65 shot will work great, most of the benifit of having nitrous is going to come from that first 50-65. We always recommend a window switch. A purge, heater, and blanket are optional but do help. A hobbs switch can be used but we rarely use them. If you have any in depth questions please call us. 913-962-4317. We offer a custom nitrous kit for the Supra that is economical.

Thanks

Tony

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NOS

If your running a 6 speed you will need a MSD window switch so you dont spray if you hit the rev limiter, automatic you really dont need a window switch. If you buy a standard NOS kit for $520.00 you get the bottle, lines, micro switch, arming switch, fogger nozzle and all fitting's wires you will need. Once you hit the arming switch (mine was in my ashtray) your microswitch and solinoids will be powered up, nothing will activate until you floor it then your throttle bldy will press your micro switch and bam!! Nos and fuel will flow. However with out a fuel pressure saftey switch in the loop, if your fuel solinoid fails BAM!!!! you just blew your motor, get a fuel pressure saftey switch installed between the fogger and fuel solinoid it could save your motor. You should also get a bottle blanket/heater too, on a cold day your Nos pressure will only be around 700 lbs or so, on a hot day it could be up to 1100 if I remember right, If your bottle is at 1100 (where it should be) your jets will be spraying the correct amount of NOS for the fuel pill you selected, however if the pressure is down to 700 your gonna have too much fuel in the mixture as your Nos jet wont be putting out the same as it would at 1100 lbs and your car will run like shit. This is why you install the heater and blanket... keeps the temp constant, there is a temp sensor that will turn the heater on and off to keep the bottle at a steady 85 degrees or so keeping your pressure constant. Remote bottle valves are great to have (I also mounted this switch in the ashtray) Leave the bottle open an all times and just kick that switch whenever you want it. If your at a light next to a Viper your probably not going to get out of your car to open your bottle for every race and if you leave it open all the time without the remote bottle valve it will leak out through the lines over time. Nos Gauge is important too, you need to know when your bottle is empty. Im selling my kit, it has everything here except the MSD Window everything here for $500.00 Adam 407-366-2047

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We still recommend the window switch with a automatice trans. The stock converter stalls too low and the stock trannys are know for having a slow shift that sometimes hits the rev limiter. We sell our custom kit for less than $500 with a window switch.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PerfDesign.com said:
We still recommend the window switch with a automatice trans. The stock converter stalls too low and the stock trannys are know for having a slow shift that sometimes hits the rev limiter. We sell our custom kit for less than $500 with a window switch.
What is included in your kit? What brand name is it, etc.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The majority of the kit is Edelbrock, some NOS parts are used also. The window switch and rpm pills are MSD. We recommend the kit up to 75hp even though it is currently being used over 100hp.

Thanks

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts