Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the supra out on the road today for the first time since Dec. when I stored it for winter. Over the winter I replaced my clutch with a RPS LW FW, and a Horsepower Freaks sprung clutch disk with a South Bend pressure plate. I haven't heard of anyone running exactally this combo before.

My last clutch was a ACT PP with stock FW and disk. I was expecting the new clutch to be a lot more graby expecially before it's broken in, but I was very happy to find out that it's not bad at all. I have been bringing the rpms up above 1500 from a stop per the brank in directions and the slutch engages very smoothly. I'm sure once broken in it will be very easy to drive. The peddle pressure is also less due to the south bend PP. It feels less like you are over stressing everything like the ACT PP does. Hopefully I won't have much chatter from the LW FW, not yet, but I hear it can get worse over time.

I also replaced my Greddy PE exhaust with a Blutz NUR Spec. Sounds mean, a lot louder than the Greddy, maybe a bt louder than I expected. I can't wait to hear it at WOT but I need to finish the clutch break in first.

Overall I'm happy with my choices for winter upgrades.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
942 Posts
Josh S said:
Well I got the supra out on the road today for the first time since Dec. when I stored it for winter. Over the winter I replaced my clutch with a RPS LW FW, and a Horsepower Freaks sprung clutch disk with a South Bend pressure plate. I haven't heard of anyone running exactally this combo before.

My last clutch was a ACT PP with stock FW and disk. I was expecting the new clutch to be a lot more graby expecially before it's broken in, but I was very happy to find out that it's not bad at all. I have been bringing the rpms up above 1500 from a stop per the brank in directions and the slutch engages very smoothly. I'm sure once broken in it will be very easy to drive. The peddle pressure is also less due to the south bend PP. It feels less like you are over stressing everything like the ACT PP does. Hopefully I won't have much chatter from the LW FW, not yet, but I hear it can get worse over time.

I also replaced my Greddy PE exhaust with a Blutz NUR Spec. Sounds mean, a lot louder than the Greddy, maybe a bt louder than I expected. I can't wait to hear it at WOT but I need to finish the clutch break in first.

Overall I'm happy with my choices for winter upgrades.
Glad to hear it Josh... The South Bend PP / HPF Bronze is a really nice combo. Stock like pedal feel with close to stock engagement. Very very streetable. You're pretty close to my 11.42 1/4 mile time at BPU. I'd love to see you run a low 11.

Take care,
Chris.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,705 Posts
Hey Josh,

Glad to hear you like that set up. You gotta let me try it out sometime. The heavy pedal feel on my RPS stage 3 is getting realllly old now.

I can't wait to see what kind of times you can run this year. See ya around bro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Hey Josh,

Glad to hear you like that set up. You gotta let me try it out sometime. The heavy pedal feel on my RPS stage 3 is getting realllly old now.

I can't wait to see what kind of times you can run this year. See ya around bro
Sure I'll let you try it out once I get it broken in. I almost gave you a call to see if you could help my jack my tranny back in place, but I managed ok. Did you get the new rims on yet? I'm sure I'll see you now that the weathers getting nice.
 

·
Senior Spooler
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
"I have been bringing the rpms up above 1500 from a stop per the brank in directions and the slutch engages very smoothly. I'm sure once broken in it will be very easy to drive."

The Blitz sounds mean as hell at WOT and growls nicely at idle and in between, I think it's the best looking too. :bigthumb:

I hope the "slutch" works out for you too. Is that as in slipping a clutch? Maybe you stumbled on a term for slipping a clutch a "slutching". or I slutched it out of the hole......... :eek2:
Sorry could not resist !! :hug:
I took mine out the other day seeing the snow is finally gone ! Enjoy.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,705 Posts
Josh S said:
Sure I'll let you try it out once I get it broken in. I almost gave you a call to see if you could help my jack my tranny back in place, but I managed ok. Did you get the new rims on yet? I'm sure I'll see you now that the weathers getting nice.

We'll keep this thread on topic.

PM Sent :)



-Phu
 

·
Senior Spooler
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Whats the topic again? J/K
Josh has a sense of humor ! Glad to hear he got his clutch in and is now enjoying the car. I like my RPS CC took forever for it to break in properly and loves to be heated up took me about 1k miles. The LWFW is a trip until you get used to it. Mine needs heat to work once its hot, it grips nicely.
So calm down there youngster! And when are your new wheels gonna show up in the members ride section?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top