Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i`m using injector dynamics ID1000 with aem v2 EMS , should i remove the oem resistor pack or keep it and why ?

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
im assuming they are high independence like id2000's... so yes. there is a link somewhere that tells you how to splice the wires together.

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
^^ thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Josh for info .. can I remove the clip from the wires ? and how ?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
^^^he is right, but they arent the easiest thing to find, so i hear. doing it the way i suggested lets you achieve this with parts you already have on had. yes, you have to ruin the pack, but such is the nature of the beast.

mohsen , im not sure what you mean by removing the wires from the clip, you only want to cut the wires just at the actual pack, since you want them as long as possible. you wont do anything to the clip as you will plug it all back in when you are done, and tuck it out of the way. as my pic shows, you will end up with that pigtail. if you arent certain, feel free to email me, i can walk you through it.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
i dont think a part number will do you any good al, as to the best of my knowledge, honda hasnt made that part in well over a decade. i know that most guys that have these have found them in junkyards. i understand not wanting to ruin the resistor box, but just know that it is an easily replaceable part. and as for the insulation, mine was like that as well but it doesnt really affect anything as you can strip all of the insulation off each wire since they got soldered all together anyhow.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I found the plug on the first Honda I walked up to at the bone yard. They're pretty common. Pic of it below. The reason you'll want to remove the stock resistor pack is because it increases injector response time. The wizard for ID1000 in AEMTuner will match the deadtime without the resistor pack.

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
The reason you'll want to remove the stock resistor pack is because it increases injector response time. The wizard for ID1000 in AEMTuner will match the deadtime without the resistor pack.
i think you might be missing the point of the need to remove the resistor pack, and that is to run high impedance injectors on the USDM supra. point being that there is no "choice" on whether or not to remove it when running such injectors.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I agree, the resistor pack should be removed with low impedance injectors. The OP asked why. The injectors will still work with the resistor pack, but injector response time will be increased, requiring different deadtime compensation. In addition, they may start to have trouble opening at higher fuel pressure levels.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.