Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering, i think my injector o rings are leaking. there are the o rings that go into the fuel rail, and the o rings that go into the head correct? i need to replace the ones that go in the head. is it safe to get these from like an autoparts store, or would you recommend toyota(they are not in stock). anyone have a diagram of how the injectors fit into the rail and head? in the tsrm, it doesnt show an o ring for the head, just those gormmets. any help would be appreciated-thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There are no o-rings in the head. The "o-rings" in the head are called grommets, or more correctly - insulators. Doesnt really matter where you get them, its a piece of rubber.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got the chart on what order to install them on the fuel rail that came with my toyota gasket kit.. if no one's posted anything in a couple hours when my digicam gets home (lent it to a friend) ill take a few pics for you.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
the o ring just slides over the groove in the injector and fits in the rail like this:

the grommets in the head look like this:

best way to do it is place all the grommets in first, be sure full seated. place all the injectors in the rail first then seat the whole assy into the head. be sure the injectors are fully seated in the grommets.

if you use non-toyota grommets pay close attention to sizing. if they dont seat correctly in the head and against the injector they will blow out under boost. then you will have a boost leak you cant find for days (amhik).

good luck
dave

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
and make sure to lube the o rings just a little bit before inserting the injectors into the rail. Very easy to pinch them, and then you get to do it all over again.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Racefiend said:
and make sure to lube the o rings just a little bit before inserting the injectors into the rail. Very easy to pinch them, and then you get to do it all over again.
Yup! My dad pinched one when I installed my 550's and we shot about a half gallon of fuel all over the garage.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i think i may have to change the grommets and o rings, i noticed its a little wet by the injectors, and my vacume is a little lower at idle-its 18.5-19 and it used to be a solid 20. i dont have any other boost leaks that i know of, so i think this may be it. do you guys think i can get the o rings at an autoparts store also, or is it stricktly toyota?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
polobai said:
thanks guys, i think i may have to change the grommets and o rings, i noticed its a little wet by the injectors, and my vacume is a little lower at idle-its 18.5-19 and it used to be a solid 20. i dont have any other boost leaks that i know of, so i think this may be it. do you guys think i can get the o rings at an autoparts store also, or is it stricktly toyota?
Jay Marks or Elmhurst should have them. They are cheap, but I'd go to Toyota just to make sure you are getting the right stuff. Coat them in gasoline before putting them in and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet thanks trent, i guess i just have to order them from toyota and wait on them. thanks buddy!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Nocheez said:
cheap my ass, they were like $2.50 apiece, and you need 12 total.
12? What are you replacing? We are talking about the grommets in the head at the base of the injector. Do you have 12 injectors now?

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Of course he does. You didn't know he welded two 7ms together and fabricated it to be used as a 3.0L V12? :lol:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
you mean a 6.0L V12 right?

Also, I compared the "Auto Parts" store grommets to Toyota's, they were identical, as it turned out, after doing the job and replacing all of them, it ended up being the intake manifold gasket that needed replacing, when I took all that off I thought I might as well use Toyota parts to do it (ordered in a bunch of gaskets and so on, so I got them at the same time).

That's my story, lol.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Trent said:
12? What are you replacing? We are talking about the grommets in the head at the base of the injector. Do you have 12 injectors now?
well, you need 6 o-rings, and 6 grommets. that's 12.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
fel pro will be fine but if u want to the extra security to know its toyota then buy toyota.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Nocheez said:
well, you need 6 o-rings, and 6 grommets. that's 12.
Well he did say right at the beginning that he only needed the ones that go into the head so that's why myself and others said he only needs 6. I've RARELY seen or heard of the O-rings at the rail leaking. It's almost always the grommets in the head and almost always because of faulty installation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts