Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Japanese TT Supra MK4 has high resistance injectors. So if you want to increase boost the high resistance injectors =saturated type are not flowing enough. They must be replaced with low resistance= peak and hold injectors. But the ECU of the TT SUpra will be burnt because of the higher current. On the other side, the US version TT has low resistance peak and hold type injectors.

Did anyone buy a Japanese version TT and modified the ECU to accomodate peak and hold type injectors?

Mert

·
Registered
544 Posts
i think the us versions have resistor packs that you might need to get your hands on.

otherwise, perhaps you could wire a resistor inline with *each* injector. my guess is 7-10ohm, 25w power resistors would do-- might want to mount them underhood somewhere, touching some metal as they'll get hot. digi-key has ones made by ohmite that have little aluminum heat-sink housings and little mounting tabs.

shiva

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiva thank you for your answers.

I guess resistors won't help me. With the resistors you can burn the ecu. Can you give me digi-key's e-mail?

Best regards
MERT

·
powered by
998 Posts
Hi-I have done something very similar. I have a 1jz swapped into my mk3 supra, it was a japanese only engine. It uses the same style injectors as the 2jz. My 1jz uses hi impedance 370cc stock injectors. The us spec 2jz injectors are a straight drop in for the fuel rail, and are pretty cheap used for a set of 550cc. That is what I'm using now. You need to use a resistor pack to get it to work. The ecu doesn't need to be modified. From what I've been told, all toyota ecus are designed for hi impedance injectors, the ones that use low impedance ones have resistor packs(outside the ecu,usally in the engine bay) Many toyotas have these resistor packs. I used the same one my old 7mgte engine used. The 1jz and 7m both batch fire injectors in pairs,so it was a perfect choice. You may want to use it or the 2jz one, depending on how the ecu contols them. What you have to do is run the power wire into the resistor pack, than to the injector. If you can find a japanese spec wiring diagram, look at the EFI wiring and than place a US spec one side by side and you can see exactly how it needs to be wired, it is very simple. You will also need to swap your injector conectors, high impedance and low impedance have different connectors,so you don't swap them over by mistake. If the 2jz fires injectors in pairs, I would recomend using a 7mgte resistor pack from a 87-92 mk3 supra turbo as they can be found very cheap and are dead relible factory parts. It's easy and will not damage the ecu if you do it correctly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TOYPRO

great and relaxing info. Thanx.

by the way I do not have a Supra:)

I have a 1998 european version BMW M3 3,2L turbocharged with 30 psi and got around 900 hp.

We are adding a nitrous oxide system also. Will try to hit 1000+hp. Dont know which parts will suffer. Thanks GOD my tranny is also a Getrag and it is 10 NM stonger than that of the 2jz TT. But the drive shaft or axles or any part may fail under so much torque. Wish me luck my friend.

So I have bought 1000 cc injectors but the stock BMW ECU works with high impedance injectors. That is why I was looking for a solution. Anyway I really appreciate your help and wish me luck.

BTW my website is www.da-motorsport.com
Best regards

MERT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts