Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

They are 525cc Precision Injectors, when AMS went to install them they said they were too big, any size recommendations or cures? They are going into the stock fuel rail as well. Maybe there is something being overlooked?

· Registered
370 Posts
that looks like an injector from an na supra, you should post in the na section and you'll get better results. But if these are precision 525's (domestic style) with a metal flange at the bottom instead of a grommet like fitting, then they will not work. I had the exact same set of precision 525's that i bought from a guy who said they were boostwerx injectors, so i cannot attest to whether or not they truly were, just that they didn't fit. I sent them back to precision and precision machined them and put a different fitting on the end, got rid of the metal flange, all for about 60 bucks. They fit perfectly when i got 'em back.

· Registered
370 Posts
well i can tell you i spent countless hours, trips to shops and lost about all my hair trying to figure out how to make these work. I was ready to place orders for custom made o-rings etc, until i got ahold of this guy- Michael Bacon from precision.

His number is 219-996-7832
I don't remember if he will remember me by name, but you can tell him your situation, say you've got a set of 525cc domestic injectors that you need to get the mitsu type (pentle tip) put on.
If you need any other information, any of the measurements on any of the holes and what not, let me know. I can't say for sure that our injectors are identical, so you may still want to get out a micrometer and start comparing yours and the stock ones. Lastly, even with this modification, you will still need to shim the fuel rail, just a couple of washers will do the trick.

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else.

· powered down
1,752 Posts
mat your just fucked lol dude we need to get this shit fixed ASAP hmmmm i think you need different slips that its I think maybe but im not 100% on that

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got ahold of Robert at MVP and he emailed boost logic the problem I had and they said I needed to take the stock o-rings and put them on the injectors and the body will sit ontop of lower runner of the intake manifold

· Registered
370 Posts
even though you may be able to find an o ring that will seal in diameter, you still face the problem of the flange being to big to fit in the inner hole in the manifold, meaning you will have metal on metal contact beneath the oring on the bottom where the flange sits against the manifold instead of dropping in, this is very hard for me to explain in writing here, i have pictures and diagrams i can send you when i get home. But new o rings alone will not solve the issue, unless you are fine with metal on metal contact inside the intake manifold, right next to the cylinders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.