Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just picked up my xs power t70 for 250 tonight with 38mm waste gate. i dont plan on installing it until i do a mhg. but i was wondering what size injectors i will need. also what the best oil pump and fuel pump. and were the intercooler piping connects to the turbo its lined up in a different spot, am i able to just turn the case or do i have to reroute the piping. thanks derek

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
Hmm were to start......

There is much more to upgrading your turbo than just making piping fit and putting in bigger injectors. I would suggest shelving the parts you just bought and read. Then when you feel you are ready. Read some more.

You will discover many things about the turbo you have and the pros and cons of such.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I don't know what a MP T70 measures, but if it's 70mm, you'll need 1kcc injectors to use it all.

You'll need 2 pumps to use all of that turbo. That means a new fuel system, with regulator, dual feeds, new filters, injectors, and fresh lines.

A VPC won't play nice with 1kcc inejctors, so you'll need new engine mangement.

You'll also need an intercooler and all the plumbing for that.

Then you'll need some type of manifod/header to mount the turbo. Then the oil/coolant lines in order to keep it happy.

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
I don't know what a MP T70 measures, but if it's 70mm, you'll need 1kcc injectors to use it all.

You'll need 2 pumps to use all of that turbo. That means a new fuel system, with regulator, dual feeds, new filters, injectors, and fresh lines.

A VPC won't play nice with 1kcc inejctors, so you'll need new engine mangement.

You'll also need an intercooler and all the plumbing for that.

Then you'll need some type of manifod/header to mount the turbo. Then the oil/coolant lines in order to keep it happy.
And that is the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i dont plan on installing it until i have everything that i need. and yes im getting an upgraded intercooler. but since im not looking for more then 18psi are the 1kcc injectors necessary or can i go with like 750s-850s.

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
well i dont plan on installing it until i have everything that i need. and yes im getting an upgraded intercooler. but since im not looking for more then 18psi are the 1kcc injectors necessary or can i go with like 750s-850s.
Injectors show very little difference in price.

What are you planning to run for engine management is the real question.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i know ill need the lexus maf am i right or are there any other alternatives? like i said turbos are a new thing to me and i like the way alot of people have open turbos. what do i have to do to achieve this and is it worth it. is there any thing i have to do to the computer upgrade or tuning wise also?. thanks derek

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Open turbo is a bad idea. You get one small piece of trash in there and bye bye turbo (about about 500-1000 dollars). My suggestion, read more about turbos and get a good understanding and read some more...and some more, then upgrade.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Lol. Wow, 14. I'm saying this very positively, read as much as you can in these forums. If you have a question more than likely it's been discussed several times over. You'll thank us in 5 or 6 years when you have a bit of money to play with.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
A T70 at 18 psi will be super lazy. If you only want to run 18 psi, I'd suggest a bolt up upgraded CT-26. The 57 trim is the perfect size for reliability and performance. On the plus side, one can use the Lexus AFM and 550 injectors with this turbo and enjoy it for a very long time. That's a solid 350 to the wheels every day.

If your limit is 18 psi, then you've got much too much turbo in the T70.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,578 Posts
well i know ill need the lexus maf am i right or are there any other alternatives? like i said turbos are a new thing to me and i like the way alot of people have open turbos. what do i have to do to achieve this and is it worth it. is there any thing i have to do to the computer upgrade or tuning wise also?. thanks derek
get the maft pro and then you dont need a afm. just a fat polished pipe with a filter attached to your turbo. ( looks nice)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts