Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have one mounted in the stock clock location. It's an excellent unit and functions perfectly. There are plenty of options and way to configure the look if that's important to you. Easy to use, reliable and decent pricing. I like it ALOT.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's not difficult at all. Power, ACC and Ground basically. Some use the engine ground and I heard of some that use regular chasis ground. I installed it with the engine ground, because Innova. says that will read more accurately. The intructions are straight forward.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It is an EXCELLENT setup in the 1.5 years I've had it. Always dead on. Install and forget.

Some people say it's difficult to install because it has multiple grounds/outputs...but that just gives you flexibility and accuracy if you want it. At least you have the option to if u need it. Otherwise, it's the same old power, ground sensor. Here is my LC-1 with XD-1 display. What's great is you can use a cheap narrow band gauge with the LC-1 and get accurate wideband readings if you choose.

·
Original owner, March '94
224 Posts
Have it tied to my AEM, more reliable than my old AEM UEGO. Slim profile on the gauge and the control unit. Never had a problem with it.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is an EXCELLENT setup in the 1.5 years I've had it. Always dead on. Install and forget.

Some people say it's difficult to install because it has multiple grounds/outputs...but that just gives you flexibility and accuracy if you want it. At least you have the option to if u need it. Otherwise, it's the same old power, ground sensor. Here is my LC-1 with XD-1 display. What's great is you can use a cheap narrow band gauge with the LC-1 and get accurate wideband readings if you choose.

can you rehost the picture?

Thanks alot guys

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
i have that in my car and looks great and is very accurate

·
Original owner, March '94
224 Posts
6" from the back of the turbo. Mounted in 10 o'clock position, on a 4" downpipe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The unit is great and couldn't ask for anything better. Make sure to calibrate it every once in a while due to the change in weather to read the most accurate.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Here's mine in my car.....

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I have one as well. I use it with my AEM. The gauge though is kind of a problem to me. IDK how many other people share my opinion, but I would rather have a gauge that is that important more in my direct line of view. I have it mounted in the stock clock location (plus, I really LOVED my clock :( ). Having the gauge off to right makes it very difficult to read after you've check all of your other gauges. Or, it makes the other gauges too difficult to read. The reason for me is time. I do not feel I have enough time to look left to boost and oil pressure, down to see speed and RPM, and then right to see O2 and FINALLY look back up at the road. Or reverse the order.

Other than that, I really like the features that it offers in terms of accuracy and trouble shooting. I find that to be top notch and was the reason that I chose it vs. TechEdge or FJO. If you do not mind mounting it in the stock clock location, then it is really a top unit.

Joe

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I have one as well. I use it with my AEM. The gauge though is kind of a problem to me. IDK how many other people share my opinion, but I would rather have a gauge that is that important more in my direct line of view. I have it mounted in the stock clock location (plus, I really LOVED my clock :( ). Having the gauge off to right makes it very difficult to read after you've check all of your other gauges. Or, it makes the other gauges too difficult to read. The reason for me is time. I do not feel I have enough time to look left to boost and oil pressure, down to see speed and RPM, and then right to see O2 and FINALLY look back up at the road. Or reverse the order.

Other than that, I really like the features that it offers in terms of accuracy and trouble shooting. I find that to be top notch and was the reason that I chose it vs. TechEdge or FJO. If you do not mind mounting it in the stock clock location, then it is really a top unit.

Joe
You need to change your line of view. :1poke: It is the only gauge I stare at during WOT. My others have warning and limiters on them as well as being rock solid.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Hands On,

Did you change the LEDs in the gauge? I didn't think they had variations like that. I too have an Innovate wide band, but I've yet to install it in my Supra.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Hands On,

Did you change the LEDs in the gauge? I didn't think they had variations like that. I too have an Innovate wide band, but I've yet to install it in my Supra.
Untouched, you too have the cooler changing LED's indicating different warning levels of your A/F mixture. I think you can actually modify them thru the software but I havent played with it for so long and only use the AEM to log.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts